Sunday, October 29, 2006

Humility

My parents always said that children will keep you humble, and I am finding this to be too true. I was out alone for the evening at a children's book party, doing a bit of Christmas shopping. The Historian took over after dinner and put the children to bed alone. At some point during the wee hours of the night, The Storyteller felt compelled to venture into our room to check on my safe return home. In the morning I was greeted with, "Mommy, I checked on you in the night and saw your bottom side in bed under the covers and when I saw the round plumpness of it, I knew you were home safe and I was glad."

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny. It is exactly the kind of thing my son would say even as a teenager!!

    My daughter is four months pregnant and her three year old son asked her recently why she ALWAYS has a baby in her tummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean they don't outgrow it? Oh dear! Our Storyteller is always inadvertantly hurting other's feelings, and apologizing! Now he often prefaces his comments with 'Not to hurt your feelings or anything, but ...'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!