Sunday, October 8, 2006

Indentified with Christ


Some of the most important and wonderful life changing events for our family have occured in the fall, and today was another! Today, our 9 year old Dreamer, was baptized. As I sat close beside my wonderful Historian with The Storyteller on my lap, I watched as our sweet girl was immersed in the water, identifying herself with the death, burial and resurrection of her Saviour, Jesus Christ. I well know that much of the depth of the symbolism of baptism is beyond her understanding - truthfully it is beyond mine. Yet, it was her hearts desire to follow Christ's command to 'believe and be baptized', and we felt it was time to let her follow her heart.

As she came up from the waters of baptism and our Pastor prayed for her, The Storyteller hugged my fiercely and whispered loudly 'Now Sister has repented and been baptized - how wonderful - her sins are forgiven and she's playing on God's team!' Earlier in the service, in another loud whisper he said ' those churches that baptize babies Mummy - they have a point you know because even babies are born with the original sin - you can see their point, can't you Mummy?'. Aside from the fact that we need to work on being quite in church service, he is obviously doing some deep thinking here.

It is humbling to be a parent, and to be responsible for teaching our children the deep truths of Scripture. I am blessed to be married to The Historian, who takes his role as the spiritual head of our home reverantly and solomnly, for I don't bear the burden of teaching and modeling our faith alone, as so many women do.

The children are outside playing in the back yard now - enjoying a wonderful fall day and gathering pretty leaves as they fall from our wonderful trees. There are too many blessing for my heart to hold today ...

Praise be to God!

Galatians 2:20
I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me.
And the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God,
who loved me and gave Himself for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!