Monday, May 18, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a fresh zeal!


For Today Monday, May 18, 2009



Outside My Window...
Cool today, but glorious in every way! The perfect day for our field trip!

I am thinking...
that I'm feeling the 'good' kind of tired after such a pleasant but busy day!

From the learning rooms...
A wonderful all day living History presentation at Quaker Knolls! Wonderful perspective on frontier living - and quite an eye opener for our children!

I am thankful for...
Trials and challenges that strengthen our faith and help us recall just how blessed we really are.

I am praying for ...
a family in grief, a family burdened by uncertainty, and a family experiencing financial crisis

From the kitchen...
We have a few Apple Turnovers left and some brownies - but they won't last long! We shared our treats today at the field trip!

It's hard to plan a menu this week because we are going to have to be flexible and eat from the freezer - we are down to one vehicle for the time being - our van needs another big transmission repair.

Monday: Luscious Leftovers
Tuesday:
Wednesday: *** Historian's Birthday ***
Thursday: Lasagna (in the freezer) & salad
Friday: A special dinner in celebration of the Historian's birthday
Saturday:
Sunday: Roast Beef and all the trimmings

I am wearing...

Denim skirt, oatmeal mock turtle neck and blue and oatmeal sweater - believe me, I was not overdressed for our outing! It was chilly!

I am creating...
a small birthday surprise for our Historian

I am going...
to water our grass seed and than to head to bed as soon as Dreamer gets home from Ballet tonight - the Historian will pick her up, thankfully.

I am reading...
The Backyard Orchardist

I am hoping...
for a healthy week!


I am hearing...
Birds singing outside and the Storyteller talking quietly to his Grammy on the phone while munching on a brownie!

Around the house...
I got some sewing done over the weekend, but not much else!

One of my favorite things...
Children learning in a real, hands on kind of way!


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  1. The Historian will be a little more 'historical' come Wednesday - Happy Birthday!
  2. School work, and ballet rehearsal - recital is coming soon!
  3. Garden and home chores - always, right?

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:

*** pictures still not showing up - sorry ***

Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog. The title is what drew me to it. I enjoyed your Daybook. Lookforward to another visit soon.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading about your day. Happy birthday to your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when you said: "I am thankful for...
    Trials and challenges that strengthen our faith and help us recall just how blessed we really are."

    Even on our worst day, we are so blessed. You're right, we should thank Him for our trials. It's made us who we are ...

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like our kids had some similar outings this week. :) Oh I love history, especially when you can see it in person (or at least how it used to be)!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!