Monday, May 11, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a fresh zeal!


For Today Monday, May 11, 2009



Outside My Window...
52 degrees and a bit cloudy, but bright - thankfully!

I am thinking...
That yesterday was about my most favorite Mother's Day ever - except for being so far away from my sweet Mum!
It started with breakfast in bed, cards and flowers, church - a challenging message for mothers, lunch at home (hot dogs on the grill), a long drive (listening to a Boxcar Children Mystery) to a wonderfully inspiring garden center - wandering about looking at trees and dreaming big dreams, an early supper on the porch of a historic hotel - simply delicious, more driving, chocolate hazelnut gelato and watching goofy goats - safely home and curling up in our comfortable bed at the end of a lovely day!

From the learning rooms...
Our Dreamer is doing copy work - Storyteller is making toast.
We are slow to get started again today.

I am thankful for...
God's never ending faithfulness throughout the ups and downs of life.
I'm especially thankful for my Historian, and for the loving ways he cares for our family.

I am praying for ...
a sweet friend whose mom is in the last stages of cancer and could be called home any day now. I am also praying for a friend who is just extremely busy right now with life in general, and with her youngest son's graduation and all that entails. For myself, I am praying for strengthening and an extra measure of patience.

From the kitchen...
The rhubarb is calling to be made into bread, pie or preserves!
I totally deviated from the menu last week - using things that needed to be used in the fridge and freezer and making 'quick' last minute dinners - so I'll recycle the menu and see if I can stick to it better this week!

Monday: Luscious Leftovers
Tuesday: Grilled Chicken Tenders Salad
Wednesday: Mama Joy's Meatballs & Salad
Thursday: Chicken Enchiladas & Spanish Rice
Friday: Homemade Pizza & veggie tray
Saturday: Steak and Grilled veggies
Sunday: Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I am wearing...

Denim capris and a long sleeved navy blue t-shirt! I hope to get out to work in the kitchen garden after schoolwork!

I am creating...
Plans to make the backyard more kid friendly - I think the reason the kids play in the mud is that they are bored and need more to do out there - they have outgrown so many activities and we haven't replaced them with more mature activities to challenge them.

I am going...
To run Dreamer to piano and ballet and run errands with Storyteller later.

I am reading...
I didn't do much reading last week, except a manual on tying seat springs - I am recovering an old chair and the burlap and webbing were rotten, so it is a bigger project than I'd hoped!
I am still reading Misplacing God (and finding Him again) by Joanne Heim
Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs is next on my pile

I am hoping...
That we have a good school week and that we can be a blessing to those who are hurting this week. I am hoping to get more planted in the garden, and that the funny hot rubber smell emanating from the front drivers side tire of our van isn't anything serious - after our recent fuel line problems, I am beginning to wonder if our van is becoming a money pit!

I am hearing...
The washing machine, quiet voices working at the school table, and my typing. Outside the neighbor's lawn service is mulching and preening the lawn.

Around the house...
Can we skip this one???? If I type out all that needs to be done, I just might crawl back into bed and give up!!! We were doing really well, but somehow have gotten away from our zones and back into a mess ... we fall into old habits so quickly!
I'll start by tackling the laundry - Mount Washmore!

One of my favorite things...
Wandering around a garden center and looking at trees - dreaming up big budget plans for our yard!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  1. School work, piano, ballet - recital is coming soon!
  2. Garden and home chores - always, right?

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:

For some reason, I am unable to load pictures right now, so I'll have to add one later!

Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!


post signature

5 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 11, 2009

    I look forward to reading you Daybook every week. Thanks for sharing. Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful mother's day! I'm so glad. I enjoyed my day too. I'll post about it sometime soon. I wish I lived closer so you could teach me how to recover chairs (not to mention other things). :) We are having a day off of school to work in the yard, garden and then go to the Art Museum Gardens with friends. It's sunny for a change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mother's day sounded lovely!

    I like to look at Garden Centers and dream, too.

    Enjoyed your daybook and hope your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi GAL!! How are you? Love reading your daybook. You are so sweet spirited! Glad your Mom's day was a blessing! Mine was too! Hubby is whisking me away for a romantic weekend for Mother's day/Birthday, and I can't wait to be on the road. Only for a couple of days, but wonderful nonetheless!!

    Hope your week is going well!!
    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!