Monday, May 4, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a fresh zeal!


For Today Monday, May 4, 2009



Outside My Window...
53 degrees and a bit cloudy, but bright! We have had so much rain - the grass is very high and covered in 'wishy flowers' - dandelions gone to seed! How our 'lawn worshiping' neighbors must cringe! We also have swamp Maple 'helicopters' strewn all over our driveway from the brisk breezes we had last night - and the gardens need to be weeded - badly!

I am thinking...
That my list of projects always exceeds my budget and energy - I need to learn to scale back and be patient! This old house has so many issues, but we are blessed to live here! We've already done so much - I need to be content!

From the learning rooms...
Our Dreamer is practicing the piano - she had her Spring Recital yesterday afternoon and did very well! The Historian is working with our Storyteller on History. We are getting caught up in our core subjects, which is a blessing - and we need to order new workbooks this week!

I am thankful for...
The list is long - God's protection of our Historian during the gas line leak on Wednesday tops my list, but there are so many other things that I am thankful for too! I am all excited about something I am doing for myself, but I'm not ready to tell you about it quite yet! I'll keep you posted!

I am praying for ...
longsuffering

From the kitchen...
Kitchen - what kitchen? Do we have a kitchen? Hmmm ... I seem to remember now!
We made some lovely deep dish pizza there on Friday - and had 'breakfast for dinner' on Saturday - the kids were delighted! We had Chinese take out for dinner Sunday - so not a lot of leftovers for tonight! I guess I need to get into some real cooking this week! I need to clean the fridge and get some groceries - as always!

Monday: Luscious Leftovers
Tuesday: Cobb Salad
Wednesday: Mama Joy's Meatballs & Salad
Thursday: Chicken Enchiladas & Spanish Rice
Friday: Homemade Pizza & veggie tray
Saturday: Steak and Grilled veggies
Sunday: Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I am wearing...

Long denim skirt, sage green long sleeved t-shirt and a matching waffle weave hooded vest!

I am creating...
A plan to make better use of space in the Grammy Flat which has become such a dumping ground for everything we don't know what to do with - and a new plan for my sewing area.

I am going...
To run Dreamer to piano and ballet and run errands with Storyteller later.

I am reading...
Misplacing God (and finding Him again) by Joanne Heim
Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs is next on my pile

I am hoping...
My hopes are high right now - little things have really encouraged my heart this week - knowing the God is concerned with our well being has been a blessing. Finally getting past the worst of this cold has been a blessing too! We're almost out of tissues, but I'm beginning to feel human again, I think!

I am hearing...
The piano and the voices of the Historian and Storyteller - and somewhere in the background, the washing machine! It is, after all, Monday!

Around the house...
Bathrooms need a touch up and the vacuum is sitting where I left it on Saturday - but all in all things are pretty tidy - if you don't look in the kid's rooms! Oh well!

One of my favorite things...
Birdsong in the morning!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  1. School work, piano, ballet, and our AWANA year end party - all winding down for the year!
  2. Garden and home chores - always, right?
  3. Mount Ironmore - I tackled it this weekend, but there is still a pile!

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:


Dreamer was out taking pictures of the garden yesterday! The tulips are almost finished, but still lovely!

Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!


post signature


4 comments:

  1. we are still waiting for dandylions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your daybook and agree with you when you said "knowing that God is concerned with our well being has been a blessing." It's so awesome to realize He cares about everything we are concerned with!

    Love the picture of the tulip! I just wish they lasted longer ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 04, 2009

    Heather, I look forward to reading your Daybook on Monday. Thanks for sharing. Love, Debbi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that your week goes well and your health continues to improve. i think my cold is nearly gone (or maybe I'm also have some allergies?). James had a high fever on Sunday (unexplainable) but seems better now. David is also much better from the ear infection. I take the 2 boys on Thursday to get orthodontics evaluations...a path that will be new to us.

    enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!