Monday, April 6, 2009

The moment we have all been waiting for !!!!


I know ... you've been holding your breath with us for almost 5 years ... and today, I finally have good news! Great news actually!!! A drum roll would be good here ... today, in the mail we received my 'Welcome to the United States of America' letter! In three weeks or so we should receive proof of my permanent resident status in the form of a card with my horrible adorable picture on it!!! Once again, I will be able to move about the planet freely - and perhaps even visit my Mum and Dad in Canada! To say we are excited is a small understatement - I am overjoyed, relieved and oh, so very thankful! One huge,big, ugly, stressful monkey is off our backs!!! Now, as soon as we are able to, we will be taking the next step this time and applying for citizenship. Lord willing, that is our plan!

If you've been praying us through this long and arduous process, we thank you, from the deep places in our hearts, we truly are most grateful. We know that it's been only the grace of God that has kept us from complete despair.

I have always been a law-abiding citizen, never had a speeding ticket or even parking ticket! There was no reason it should have ever taken this long, but since it has, perhaps we've learned some wonderful lessons about God's peace and provision, and about trusting Him with every aspect of our lives. We never dreamed that it would be so prolonged and that we'd have so many frustrations, but our 'patience muscles' have had another major workout and our faith has increased with each step and turn, so perhaps there is something down the road for us that will require the strength we have unwillingly acquired, and only the Lord knows. For now, we are just giving praise!

I'll get back to doing my happy dance now if you don't mind!!!

If you'd like to read a bit more about our journey go here, and here.


post signature

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! YAY!!! I'm so happy for you! What a relief this must be and I do hope you will get to travel soon!!!!!

    So glad to hear that you are feeling up right now. That sure makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heather, I am SO very excited for you AND for your whole family, too!!!!! Goodness, the wait has been long, but IT FINALLY PAID OFF!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!

    I'm soooo happy for you!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your wonderful news with us! I can imagine all the excitement at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congrats! Being born in this country I forget that some people have to work to become citizens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!

    It has been a long road.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I know you have been working hard to accomplish this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! You go right ahead and do the happy dance!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! This is wonderful news. Ditto to all your comments about being a law abiding citize, no spedding or parking tickets etc etc - and now I am still awaiting mine for years! My husband has his permanent residency for several years now and will wait as I do know this is just my test of time.
    Nways, I am very happy for you and your family.
    Prayers for more good luck,
    Prasanthi

    ReplyDelete
  9. A happy dance is one of the best ways to celebrate! Congratulations by the way! I'll do a happy dance for you...(yes...I love doing my happy dance. A lot.)
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!