Monday, April 20, 2009

The Simple Womans Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a fresh zeal!


For Today Monday, April 20, 2009



Outside My Window...
54 degrees and intermittent heavy rain showers - it's really windy and the blossoms are blowing off the trees making it look a bit like a snowy day!

I am thinking...
That it might be really nice just to crawl back into bed! I'm not sick or tired, but it just seems like a good day to curl up with a book and cozy blanket!

From the learning rooms...
We are really slow to get started today. Our Dreamer's allergies are making for a runny stuffy nose for her, and our Storyteller slept in a bit! We'll get going on math and reading soon! The Historian is teaching history before going to work.

I am thankful for...
A good weekend - hearing the Word of God preached, worshiping and family time.

I am praying for ...
My Mum is on my heart most these days as her healing is very painful and seems so slow. It's been almost three weeks since she accidentally poured boiling water down the backs of her legs and sustained 2nd degree burns. My poor Mum!

From the kitchen...
There are a few tupperware graveyards that need to be cleaned out of the fridge and it needs a good wiping before we go for groceries!

Monday: Luscious Leftovers
Tuesday: Lasagna & Salad
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken Wraps
Thursday: Enchiladas
Friday: Homemade Pizza
Saturday: Mac & Cheese ( by request)
Sunday: Roast Beef Dinner

I am wearing...

Long tan denim skirt, sage green tank and light sage jacket.

I am creating...
Plans for our retaining wall project, a grocery shopping list and plans for the garden.

I am going...
To escape for just a bit of 'me time' - even though it is raining and nasty, I feel the need to be on my own for a bit! I always have trouble figuring out where to schedule in hair color and cut for me - they are never open on Mondays and that's my free morning!

I am reading...
Just finished "The Secret" by Beverly Lewis - an unexpected gift from the Historian! I am looking forward to more books in this new series.

I am hoping...
To get more things finished from the sewing table - I did a few alterations, mending projects and a simple 'wardrobe re-fashion' of a linen skirt for Dreamer over the weekend. It barely made a dent in my sewing pile though!

I am hearing...
The Storyteller is whistling 'Amazing Grace' while he draws in his journal. The Historian is reading quietly and the Dreamer has retreated to her room. Outside I hear the swish of cars going by on a wet road and some big power tool - maybe a chipper or a chain saw?

Around the house...
There is no sense dusting until all this drywall sanding is completed - I thought we could contain it to one area, but it is insidious. We do need to vacuum the sun room which I referred to as the mud room over the weekend! The children have been practicing for Softball which starts Saturday and their cleats brought in half backyard which is quite muddy!

One of my favorite things...
A clean sharp edge around the flower beds and fresh dark brown mulch - hopefully this week!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  1. School, piano, ballet, AWANA and a Co-op field trip too - all winding down for the year!
  2. Garden and home chores
  3. Sewing for me - once the mending is caught up, I really need to make something new for myself for Sundays!

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:

The tall young lad is my Uncle Larry, in the middle, my Nanny and the sweet girl in front - my own Mum - Joy! I think this picture was taken around 1946?

Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. It was nice to visit your Daybook today. I'd like to crawl into bed on this rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea - crawling into bed with a good book. I might give that a try. Sorry to hear about the allergies. My daughter is suffering with them, too. It seems to be a bad year already. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope to see you there soon again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's always a tempting thought for me on rainy days - curling up in bed with a good book!

    I love the vintage photo of your mom as little girl! Old family photos are precious.

    Sounds like a good menu for the week.

    I enjoyed your daybook very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rainy day, good book and a bed. Sounds wonderful. I have heard the Beverly Lewis books are good, I've bought several for my mom. We will be moving back home in a few weeks, (FL to PA), and I hope to borrow them from her "library"! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!