Monday, April 6, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today Monday, April 6, 2009



Outside My Window...
33 degrees and snow flurries! Too chilly for my liking and the garden is shivering!
We had tornado warnings last evening until 1am, so we are very thankful that they caused little or no damage in the area. We were prepared to flee to our safest place, but thankfully the storm system passed without incident.

I am thinking...
I have been feeling well for two whole weeks and I am every so thankful!
I have achy muscles from 'over-gardening' on Saturday, but I feel well!
This morning I was at the dentist for my cleaning, and I have an overall decline in my dental health again - and two more crowns needed!

From the learning rooms...
The children are getting to their work reluctantly this morning - we are out of routine, but we'll get back into it!

I am thankful for...
An enjoyable family weekend - and two big jobs crossed off our 'to-do' list!
Safety - strength - health - a solidly Biblical message to challenge our hearts.

I am praying for ...
Strength for this week - a good bake sale - wisdom, as always!

From the kitchen...
I need to make Hot Cross Buns - I haven't made them this spring!
I really need to clean out the fridge and straighten out the freezers!
This would be a good week to make marmalade too since we have lots of citrus on hand the it isn't being eaten as quickly as it ought to be.

Monday: Luscious Leftovers - pulled pork sandwiches!
Tuesday: Grilled Chicken Wraps
Wednesday: 5 Hour Beef Stew & Biscuits
Thursday: Grilled Fish & Salad
Friday: Homemade Pizza
Saturday: Baked Mac & Cheese
Sunday: Easter Dinner

I am wearing...
Long denim skirt, tan t-shirt, soft blue sweater with tan blanket stitching.

I am creating...
Baked goods tags for our 'Great American Bake Sale' on Thursday.

I am going...
I've already been to the dentist, and we need to run for some packaging supplies later!

I am reading...
Sew and Stow - from the library! I love this book so much I've ordered it from Amazon!

I am hoping...
Some friends will be able to join us for Easter dinner - and for another healthy week.

I am hearing...
The children are both in a chatty mood today! They have big plans and lots to talk about! Plans for the summer months are coming together and they are very excited!

Around the house...
Over the weekend we worked hard outside - and had so much fun! The Historian and Storyteller cut down our dead Crimson Maple (very sad) and both children were handsomely paid to take all of the wood to the woodpile and stack it neatly, as well as pick up the branches and rake up the wood chips! Of course, while the outside work began, the inside was neglected, but that's o.k.!
Washing, ironing, and clean bathrooms are on the list! It's still not warm enough for painting!
We need to put together some new spring outfits for Sunday - Dreamer would like me to sew her a new skirt!

One of my favorite things...
Feeling a peace that passes all understanding even in the midst of terrible storms - like the tornado last night and all of the 'health storms' we have been facing.
Only God can give a peace and assurance so calming when the winds of life are knocking us about so harshly!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Continuing to pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church. We are so close - but the process of elimination has been tiring! Soon!
  1. School, piano - everything else is canceled for our school district's spring break this week!
  2. Garden and home chores.
  3. Get out and get walking more regularly!
  4. Sewing for Dreamer and finishing the porch cushions.

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:



Over the weekend I put together our wee greenhouse to start some seeds! I'm so glad to have found all of the parts and that I remembered how to put it together!
Now - just waiting for my seed orders!

Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hot Cross buns - home made ones !!
    Yummy - I was missing them this year. just haven't seen them in the stores. but found some Fri. evening. not quite as fresh as I would have liked but yummy with grape jelly, and even better with Saskatoon Berry preserves.

    Easter - wonderful time for remembrance to be sure, and these little reminders of the truth of Easter
    Hefffalump

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your daybook, you are always so uplifting and encouraging. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!