Monday, April 27, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a fresh zeal!


For Today Monday, April 27, 2009



Outside My Window...
76 degrees and now it is dark. The sky was blue all day and it is breezy. The blossoms are blowing in the breeze making it look like a petal strewn wedding took place on our lawn!

I am thinking...
It's good to be starting a new week, but I think I would like a 'do-over' for the weekend,
since I spent most of it sick again!

From the learning rooms...
We are finishing up in some areas, and catching up in others. The children both had heavy colds last week and so we have to get back on track - they did some school work, but also a lot of resting and quiet play.

I am thankful for...
Soft gentle Puffs tissues - perfect for sore noses!
How did I know that when I 'stocked up' on sale tissues we'd soon have need of them!
It's always the way!

I am praying for ...
Our homeschool co-op which was in crisis last week with many hurt feelings and unkind remarks - it made me so sad, and so stressed! I am praying that these moms will work it out and learn from this time of trouble. My Mum is healing from her burns, but is still in terrible pain.
We're also praying for a family who are traveling throughout the U.S. as they prepare for full time foreign missions ministry.

From the kitchen...
I never made it to the grocery store last week for a 'big' shop but I did get fruits and veggies and we used the staples we had on hand - thankful for a deep pantry when illness strikes.
I did get the fridge cleaned out and now it just needs a wipe again before we shop later in the week.

Monday: Rigatoni and Salad
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday: Homemade Pizza
Saturday:
Sunday:

I am wearing...

Long denim skirt, lime green tank and matching short sleeved blouse.
Oh, and a really red nose - quite attractive!

I am creating...
A big old Honey-Do list!

I am going...
To run Dreamer to piano and ballet and run errands with Storyteller if I have enough strength!

I am reading...
Just finished a real page turner that my thoughtful husband picked up to help in my cold recovery - "Anathema" by Colleen Coble. It's a present day Amish mystery romance and you'll never guess the ending! A great distraction from coughing, sneezing and sniffling!

I am hoping...
For a return to better health - soon.

I am hearing...
The house is settling down for the night - our Historian is home from work and everything is still.


Around the house...
We're not ready for the 'condemned' sign yet, thankfully! We have clean sheets! Umm ... enough said!

One of my favorite things...
Little plants popping up through the soil in our mini greenhouse!
Reminder to self - watch that it doesn't get too hot and cook those babies now!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  1. School, piano, ballet, and our AWANA awards night - all winding down for the year!
  2. Garden and home chores
  3. Sewing for me - once the mending is caught up, I really need to make something new for myself for Sundays!
  4. Mount Ironmore!

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:

Mr. Peppermint finally underwent the spring bath ordeal - boy was he a schmelly kitty!
Sweet Dreamer enjoyed helping him dry his fur and fluffed him out with a good brushing!
Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!


post signature


3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed visiting your blog today. Hope you will be feeling better soon. Colds are no fun anytime of year, but they are especially troublesome in warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I always look forward to reading your sweet Daybook. Hope you have a much better week. I like Puffs tissues too. Won't buy anything else! Debbi

    faustx2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you are sick again, and I'm sorry to hear your mom is still struggling with her burns. :(

    I've come down with a cold myself -- no doubt caught from David who is now nursing a double ear infection. Poor thing.

    I liked your menu :) That's how mine looks when I start planning and then I can't think and can't think what to put in those missing days!

    Tomorrow we are able to be home all day. That will be good for our colds, for school, for chores! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!