Monday, April 13, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a fresh zeal!


For Today Monday, April 13, 2009



Outside My Window...
35 degrees and heavy steady rain - which we need, I'm sure, but I was really hoping for a good breezy day to hang up the weekend washing!

I am thinking...
About just how very very blessed we are!

From the learning rooms...
History in the family room is in full swing for the Storyteller and Dreamer has finished her first assignment of the day. We have some catching up to do after our busy week last week - especially in math and spelling, but that's o.k.!

I am thankful for...
Better health for the last three weeks than I have enjoyed in quite a while - what a blessing! We had such good success with our bake sale also, which was an answer to prayer. The children were pleased to reach their goal and the recipients were happy with their treats.

We also had a lovely family join us for Easter and that was quite a joy! We had a nice meal together and the children played together nicely. We missed being with family, but it was a really good day! After we tidied the kitchen I had a hot hot bath and slept for 12 hours!

I am praying for ...
A friend and her mom who is suffering with cancer treatment and an unexplained fever.
Continued health for myself - I am really enjoying feeling better and having a bit more energy then I have recently enjoyed!

From the kitchen...
The cookie jar is empty but there is enough Easter Basket treats to keep us in sweets for a bit!

Monday: Luscious Leftovers - salads and ham to be enjoyed in many ways
Tuesday: Mama's Wet Chicken (by request)
Wednesday: Ham and Cheddar pie
Thursday: Grilled Fish & Salad
Friday: Homemade Ham and Cheese Pizza
Saturday: Daddy's grilled burgers
Sunday: Grilled chicken salad

I am wearing...
Long denim skirt, soft oatmeal sweater set.

I am creating...
A short 'to do' list for the week and that's about all!
Mr. Handyman is creating quite a mess in the office closet fixing the pipes that were burst during a hard freeze in January. He was our contractor for that renovation so he is fixing the problem, but it's going to take some time to dry it up, replace and finish the drywall again.

I am going...
Home sweet home until ballet later today - it's so nice to be able to stay in on a rainy Monday.

I am reading...
Betz White's 'Sewing Green' - wonderful ideas for re-purposing all kinds of textiles!

I am hoping...
To finish many sewing projects and to catch up on things we neglected last week during our business!

I am hearing...
Bagpipe music - we're feelin' a touch of the old country here I guess!

Around the house...
Laundry, bathrooms and a very sticky kitchen floor!
My sewing area is a mess of half done projects that need to be completed!

One of my favorite things...
Freshly turned soil - garden potential!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  1. School, piano, ballet, AWANA and Co-op - all winding down for the year!
  2. Garden and home chores - including a fresh layer of mulch for the gardens

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:

My grandparents in 1935 by the shores of Lake St. George
I love this picture!

Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!


post signature

10 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, thanks so much for stopping by my blog. It's nice to "meet" you!

    I love your blog names for your children, such a sweet insight into their personalities.

    That photo of your grandparents is just breathtakingly romantic!

    I'm so glad I got to read your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I absolutely love your picture thought ... it makes me want to look through old pictures to see what I can find. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed visiting your blog today. Love the picture. Co-op? School or food? I run an organic food co-op in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patricia - it's our homeschool co-op! We'd love to be a part of an organic food co-op - that sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by.
    Your blog is beautiful.
    It is always encouraging to see the thoughts of homeschooling families. It is amazing how similar we are, no matter how we choose to accomplish the goals.
    Have a great week and I look forward to visiting again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific photo ... what a precious keepsake.

    Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh, homeschooling days, they were the best. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and no it does not take special equipment to make cheese. I do have a video posted at http://domesticallyinclined2.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-to-make-cheese.html
    I improvised with things I had at home.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable picture of your grandparents!!!

    I can't wait to read Betz's book! I better go make sure I have it on hold at the library.

    I'm so glad that you are still enjoying good health and I pray the Lord allows that to continue for now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heather! I LOVE that picture of your grandparents!! What a treasure and a portrait of true love! Thank you for sharing it. Thank you too for stopping by Sugar Pie to leave me such a sweet comment! What a blessing to have friends like you to stop by for "pie"! Have a wonderful weekend!
    RuthAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a wonderful photo from that time. As a portrait artist this image really inspires me! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!