Monday, December 1, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook as I am able.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, December 1, 2008

Outside My Window...
The wind is blowing cold and gray. There are a few flakes dancing in the wind,
but none of them are staying on our still bare ground.
It's not the kind of weather I can send children out to play in so I'm hoping for some serious snow - the fort and snowman building kind!
It's a whole lot cleaner and more fun than our current precipitation!


I am thinking...
That I just can't believe it is December 1st already!
Can you?

From the learning rooms...
No piano lessons this morning so we plunged head first into school and have made good headway with our least favorite subjects out of the way first!

I am thankful for...
Gingersnaps and a hot cup of tea, with knitting to keep my hands busy
while I listen to memory work or help with reading!

I am praying for ...
Strength to accomplish what needs to be done and wisdom - always wisdom!

From the kitchen...
I am missing my Mum and her help in the kitchen!

Monday - Luscious Leftover Buffet
Tuesday - Chicken Parmesan
Wednesday - Grace's Beef Casserole
Thursday - fresh pan fried fish
(we are now in the habit of picking it up after Co-op at Sam's club! -mmmmm)
Friday - Homemade Pizza and video night

I am wearing...
Long denim skirt and warm tights. White turtleneck and blue hoodie for warmth!

I am creating...
More felted wool purses to sell!
I cannot believe how much felt fiber is scattered all over the house
- I even had some floating in my tea!
When I cleaned out the sewing machine there was enough
fibers there to knit a new sweater I think!
I am also creating tags for our purses with some scrapbook paper, and knitting a fun fuzzy scarf.
I am working on our Advent Celebration and trying to get up the courage
to get the Christmas bins out of the attic!

I am going...
It's a stay close to home kind of day - my favorite kind!
I have an appointment later and Dreamer has ballet, but other then that,
we are home sweet home today!

I am reading...
Not much reading right now, but I am dreaming about my Christmas decor and
hope to get out my inspiration books later and get some ideas!

I am hoping...
That my husband is able to dig up the hole for our septic clean out without hurting himself!
What an awful job. We are getting a extension collar on it this time because it is buried so deeply.

I am hearing...
The children are working on their lessons.
Storyteller is whistling and Dreamer is humming.
We have our Christmas c.d.'s quietly playing in the background!

Around the house...
Did I mention the fuzzy felted wool bits that are everywhere?
Vacuuming seems futile but it is absolutely driving me crazy, so vacuum I will!

One of my favorite things...
Our family advent traditions, and especially our nightly readings!
We have enjoyed Jotham's Journey, and Bartholomew's Passage in past years,
and this year we are reading Tabitha's Travels.
They are all written by Arnold Ytreeide, and we just love them!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Continue to pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church.
  1. Schoolwork, of course! Awana and Homeschool Co-op!
  2. Sewing purses and warmer skirts.
  3. Christmas gift sewing and some home dec sewing for Mum.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

The school table this morning.


Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Heather, what a beautiful Daybook! and a wonderful blog. I'll be back to read more as I'm able. Can I steal your imaginative dinner title, "Luscious Leftover Buffet"????? I love it! Have a wonderful afternoon.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog colors - I see you have your homeschool necessity- caffeine!! Mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your daybook. Wish it wasn't so far to get together for a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love popping in and reading...so many things in common. Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been knitting, too. Only I've been replentishing my dish cloths - my cotton knitted ones are my favorites and I use them 'til they're practically no non-existant. lol I enjoy knitting, it's relaxing and I feel like I'm accomplishing something at the same time.

    We, too, are looking for a new church. After 12-1/2 years of making a 70-mile round trip AT LEAST twice a week, our last day at our current chruch will be the last Sunday of December. We will be looking closer to home. So...I'll pray for your search if you pray for mine! lol

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!