Monday, December 29, 2008

New Year Fun!

I just love Kelli's creative ideas - and this one is no exception!
I loved this idea last year too, but didn't have the energy to put it together!
This year, I thankfully do - so here is a my 2008 blog review - just the first line from the first blog of each month, and a favorite picture!

Be sure to visit Kelli to see her 'New Year Fun' post and find others who are joining in too!
Thank you Kelli!

January

Yesterday I came upon a quote that suits me well today:

Winter is the time for comfort
- it is the time for home.
-Edith Sitwell


February

We didn't get the chair done last night - Mrs. M was afraid of being caught in an ice storm that began early in the evening and so she left for home before the roads got too bad.

March

Yesterday we experienced a terrible ice storm, but I am thankful that we are safe and well.

April

We are home from our brief time away - and we are all tired, but so happy!

May

Today we are preparing for a party - a farewell for friends who are moving away next week.


June

A friend of ours from our former church family in Ontario, Canada was critically injured in a dirt bike accident ...


July

I hope you had a lovely day with family and friends.


August

I'm getting my family back today - Lord willing!

September

I thought I'd better let you know why I have been MIA on my blog!


October

This is a very special day for our family!

November

Our Dreamer is feeling much much better - thank you all for your kind comments and concern!

December

I enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook as I am able.

Just where did 2008 go?

Well, now you know!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. What a great review! I'm on the list at the library for White Christmas Pie, but I guess I won't be reading it in season. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the 7 C's of History too, LOVE it! The Creation Museum is THE BEST! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lilacs are so beautiful. I instantly smelled the fragrance in my memory. Wishing you all the best in the coming year. Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my review. Your pictures are lovely but I'm sorry to say that all the snow we got in early December is all melted away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so nice to read...and I love all your pictures. A "review" sure lets you see how the year has gone by...so quickly!

    I was able to get to the library for "White Christmas Pie"...already enjoyed the first couple chapters!

    Have a great day -

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fun way to get to know someone!! It is nice to "meet" you! I did get your comment on my current post and I got your email. We had a friend of my parents (a retired cabinet maker who works for MUCH less) build our cabinets. He was so wonderful to work with. I dislike cluttering the shelves with all the books/toys - but I know that is the stage we are in. One day I will put pretty stuff out - right now, it is all about the pratical!

    This morning was the first time we did school in there since we got the shelves. It was so great just to reach back from my chair and grab things off the shelf - and the even better part was to have a place to return them to rather then it all stacking up on the table!!!

    Happy New Year to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your review! Great photos too!
    Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fun! love the pic of the kids looking in the barn (??). :)

    Jolanthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you joined in! What a wonderful peek through your past year!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Photos! I love pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!