Monday, December 15, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, December 15, 2008

Outside My Window...
Dark, dull and raining to beat the band.
A bunch of cold air is 'on the way' which is supposed to turn this rain to snow, but we'll see!
The good news is that we don't have to shovel rain!

I am thinking...
It sure would be nice to just crawl back into bed and sleep!

From the learning rooms...
Dreamer is at piano, the Storyteller is still doing his morning chores.
We'll start school by and by. It's hard to motivate them to work when I just want to curl up with a cup of tea and a good book myself!

I am thankful for...
16 hours of sleep!
I'm fighting a super sore throat!
I'm thankful for salt water and saline nasal spray to relieve the soreness.

I am praying for ...
Strength to accomplish what needs to be done and wisdom - always wisdom!

From the kitchen...
This week we are planning to do our cookie baking
and make gingerbread houses with some friends!

I didn't get a chance to look over the food fliers because I was sleeping all afternoon yesterday, so the menu isn't made!

Monday - Luscious Leftover Buffet
Tuesday -
Wednesday -
Thursday - fresh pan fried fish
Friday - Homemade Pizza and video night

I am wearing...
My super long denim skirt and warm navy blue tights.
White turtleneck and blue hoodie for warmth!
The exact same outfit I wore two weeks ago! Am I in a rut, or what?

I am creating...
Over the weekend I made and hung our fresh wreaths.
We cannot have them indoors because of our Dreamer's allergies,
but I love to hang fresh greens on the doors where we enjoy their fragrance as we pass by.
I made 5 wreaths with $6 worth of Christmas tree cuttings - pine, cedar, spruce and Douglas fir.
Simple and enjoyable.
Once again, my hands are a mess!

I am going...
Another home sweet home day!
I've got to try to rest and get rid of this sore throat!

I am reading...
Our Advent readings are wonderfully enjoyable!
I look forward to them each night almost as much as the children!
We find ourselves talking about Tabitha like she is someone we know and care about!

I am hoping...
To feel better soon and be able to finish the things on my list before the last minute!

I am hearing...
The rain on the sky lights, the water on the road as cars pass by,
the washing machine and dryer and one sweet boy making sword fight sounds!

Around the house...
Piles of cards and papers to sort and more dust bunnies to chase!

One of my favorite things...
The flexibility of home schooling and the excitement of watching our children learn and grow!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Continuing to pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church.
  1. Schoolwork! Piano, Ballet, Awana and Co-op!
  2. Send out our Christmas cards.
  3. Cookie baking and a gingerbread house party.
  4. Christmas gift sewing - some new clothes for a certain special doll and a new knight's outfit for the dress up wardrobe.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Grammy with her Bonnie wee lass and Gerber


Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your daybook! I enjoyed reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your sore throat feels better soon. Enjoyed reading your Daybook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your throat feels better. Thanks for stopping by! Merry Christmas~
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, a cup of tea and a good book - sounds great! I hope your throat feels better soon. Thanks for commenting on my daybook.

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for sharing your daybook. i sure enjoy the sound of rain and look forward to spring for that reason. i hope your throat feels better soon.
    alissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi guys. . .

    Dreamer . . I love that hat on you :<)
    And Gerber, what a smile - I hope you are still whistling up a storm.
    We had 3 feet of snow to shovel off the roof this morning, and then I had to clear the walks so I am bushed.
    My snow blower is dead, so I have to see why, and IF it can be repaired. Hope to get it working for another couple of years. It has turned cold this afternoon, down to 21 and blustery, snowy winds attacking my Christmas lights and trees.

    I trust you will all have a happy time baking gingerbread soon.

    See Ya !

    Heffalump

    ReplyDelete
  7. My - it sounds like a very busy week you have planned. I hope it is a good week for all of you - and that you are feeling well all week. I enjoyed your Daybook.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sure hope your throat feels better soon! i agree, homeschooling is the best!
    merry CHRISTmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed reading your post. Praying your throat feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!