Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings



Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year;
to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.
~Edward Sandford Martin

I wish you all a very blessed Thanksgiving day!
In these uncertain times, we all have a choice - to gripe about what we do not have
or to give thanks to God in everything and be grateful for even the smallest blessings.

The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies;
but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and,
as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find,
in every hour, some heavenly blessings!
~Henry Ward Beecher


post signature

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Such true words! A few weeks ago, I was driving down the road and praying for God to help us with this and that. My prayer seemed to be just a list of my needs. Then, all of a sudden, it hit me to PRAISE HIM for the many, many, MANY blessings I have! I am really trying to make a very conscious decision every day as often as I can to count my blessings. It has made me look at my life in a totally new light. Great post, and I love that last quote!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!