Monday, December 22, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, December 22, 2008

Outside My Window...
Sunshine - bright and cold!
Not a speck of snow on the ground!

I am thinking...
That I've left too much to the last minute!

From the learning rooms...
Christmas break! Yeah!
Dreamer will practice the piano and Storyteller will continue daily reading practice,
but other then that, we are on break!

I am thankful for...
Christmas - a time to focus on God's heart of love for all mankind.

I am praying for ...
Energy and better health.

From the kitchen...
A few Christmas goodies - but in small batches. I wasn't well enough to bake much last week.

I am wearing...
Third week in a row ... I am not this organized, so this is a mystery to me!
My super long denim skirt and warm navy blue tights.
White turtleneck and blue hoodie for warmth!

I am creating...
A to-do list and a few more little things for in the stockings!

I am going...
Shopping for groceries later.

I am reading...
'The Shepherd's Prayer' by Richard M. Barry - excellent!
Our Advent readings are wonderfully enjoyable!
I look forward to them each night almost as much as the children!
We find ourselves talking about Tabitha like she is someone we know and care about!

I am hoping...
To feel better soon and be able to finish the things on my list before the last minute!

I am hearing...
A small boy whistling and a girl giggling over the antics of one Mr. Peppermint, the cat!

Around the house...
We are thinning out the childrens rooms and it is a huge job that we
started much later than I had intended!
I'm hoping it will go faster since Christmas is so close - good motivation!

One or two of my favorite things...
Cuddling with my children.
The feel of good quality fabric as I sew.
The joy of making something special with my own two hands!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Continuing to pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church.
  1. Cookie baking.
  2. Gift wrapping.
  3. Food preparation for a simple Christmas meal.
  4. Rest and enjoy our family.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


Dreamer and I

Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! A very merry Christmas to you and yours! lol I had to giggle at your "I am wearing..." I didn't know how many hoodies I own - or that they seem to be my Monday outfit - until I started doing the SWD. lol

    We, too, are going to go 'church shopping' after the 1st of the year. This Sunday will be our last day at our beloved church that we've been attending for 12-1/2 years - it's a 70-mile round trip AT LEAST twice a week and just need to find something closer to home. I'll be remembering you in prayer, too.

    Love the photo! :-)

    Blessings, Kim W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your Daybook. I love to hear giggles at my house, too.

    Merry Christmas from Nebraska!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope your Christmas prep goes well and that you will have some energy for it. I need to go in and start trying to sew bedclothes for the bed Michael made for Rachel's doll, Felicity. Hmmm.m.. how to make it look like the catalog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. Peppermint ... what a fun name! Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful picture of you and your daughter...a very Merry Christmas to your whole family! I hope it is full of wonderful "memory moments"!! God bless -

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!