Monday, December 29, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, December 29, 2008
My last Daybook entry for 2008!

Outside My Window...
Once again we are blessed by sunshine - bright and cold!
Not a speck of snow on the ground!

I am thinking...
I just love the quiet week between Christmas and the New Year!

From the learning rooms...
Christmas break for the children, sorting, planning and organizing for me!
I am hoping that we can use a day of the Historian's holiday this week to build an organizer for our homeschool to replace the cabinet we have long since outgrown.

I am thankful for...
The joy of the season and a fresh new year to look forward to!

I am praying for ...
Some regular help with my home chores that are getting too tiring to do.

From the kitchen...
Some turkey noodle soup and homemade bread.

I am wearing...
This must be my Monday 'uniform'!
My long denim skirt and warm tights.
Red turtleneck and hoodie for warmth!

I am creating...
A goal list for 2009 - character goals, home school goals, and a honey-do list too!

I am going...
No where that I know of!

I am reading...
I read 'White Christmas Pie' this week - a light book to breeze through,
perfect for my tired brain!
I am planning to re-read 'The Liver Cleansing Diet' since I think that is
my next course of action to try again.

I am hoping...
For better health, for closer friendships and for a new church family soon.

I am hearing...
Our Dreamer slurping up the juice from her grapefruit,
and a little boy playing cheerfully in his room.

Around the house...
We need to do an in depth cleaning, so I've stripped the beds and begun to tackle it head on!
Homes must be found for all of our new treasures and wrapping paper bits still linger!


One or two of my favorite things...
A crackling fire and cuddling up in front of it with my historian.
The beginning of the 'garden catalog' season - a time of hopes, plans
and dreams for our summer garden.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Continuing to pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church - it has been eye opening and somewhat discouraging so far.
  1. Plan for our New Year's celebration
  2. Clean
  3. Reorganize our homeschool area - hopefully with a new shelving system!
  4. Clean
  5. Rest and relax - try to plan a special surprise for the children!
  6. Clean
  7. Get paperwork ready for our final immigration interview in January.
  8. Clean

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:

The last reading of 'Tabitha's Travels' - Christmas 2008

Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your daybook..and thanks for reminding me about "White Christmas Pie" - I had picked it up at the library and then thought I would wait until the holidays to read it...and, now, those days are almost gone! I'll need to check it out tomorrow...

    Praying for your church search - sorry it has been discouraging. God bless your week...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!