It seemed like a nice day to play around with a wreath idea that has been floating around in my head for a few weeks! It's hard to photograph a glass door, but I hope you can see well enough! If you look hard you can peak through the sun room into our back patio garden!
I 'shopped the house' for different gardening theme elements that I could put together.I was surprised at how many little things were tucked away here and there!
I scoured the yard for fine twigs and a branch that would serve as my tree!
I made this 'gazing globe' with a wooden candle stick and a Christmas ball!
Wouldn't it be perfect for a fairy garden?
The trellis is a wooden button and some bamboo skewers.
The watering can used to be hot pink!
Wouldn't it be perfect for a fairy garden?
The trellis is a wooden button and some bamboo skewers.
The watering can used to be hot pink!
I used my acrylic paints to paint all the unfinished wood pieces and to re-paint the ones that didn't fit on my 'green and cream' theme! I distressed them a bit and used lots of sealer to protect them from the weather.
I hope Mr. & Mrs. Bird are happy with their new home!
They seem pretty content!
I hope the real Mr. & Mrs. Robin don't 'shop' my wreath like they did last spring!
Happy Spring!
They seem pretty content!
I hope the real Mr. & Mrs. Robin don't 'shop' my wreath like they did last spring!
Happy Spring!





Oh my gosh! That is ADORABLE!! It's so professional looking. I would certainly buy one.
ReplyDeleteYour wreath looks very lovely Heather. You did a great job!!!
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to read about the 'wicker mess'. That is too bad. Make sure that your primer and new paint will adhere to the wicker before beginning such a job!!
Maybe a soft paint brush might be inorder!
Talk to you soon,
KLB
Your wreath is just gorgeous!! (ANd so are your new tassels). I hope you all have a better week health and strength-wise. I might be taking Andrew to the dr today as his fever has been on and off for 8 days. I think the kids have the respitory flu. Poor David looks awful with watery eyes, runny nose, bad cough and fever.
ReplyDeleteOh my word, it's adorable! I love the garden theme!
ReplyDeleteThank so much for sharing it with me.
Kimba
How cute! That looks great and it's just adorable to look at. I love all the little details.
ReplyDeleteAll the best,
Allison
This is so sweet! The gazing ball is GENIUS! Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful....
ReplyDeleteI came by from A Soft Place to Land to see your wreath. It is so BEAUTIFUL!! I love all the little touches and I think the birdies are certainly happy there! Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteI love this! So creative! I really like your blog and I am now officially a follower! Thank you for sharing this!
ReplyDeleteLou Cinda :)
Adorable! I love it, the birds try to nest in my wreaths every spring so I always have to take them down during nesting time but I may have to make one of these for another spot in my house, my girls would love it!!
ReplyDeleteThat is adorable! I found you through Kimba's blog.
ReplyDeleteSheryl
I tried to find your email. Could you please email me? It's about the blog template and credit.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
Darcy