Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Subtlety


It seemed like a nice day to play around with a wreath idea that has been floating around in my head for a few weeks! It's hard to photograph a glass door, but I hope you can see well enough! If you look hard you can peak through the sun room into our back patio garden!


I 'shopped the house' for different gardening theme elements that I could put together.
I was surprised at how many little things were tucked away here and there!
I scoured the yard for fine twigs and a branch that would serve as my tree!


I made this 'gazing globe' with a wooden candle stick and a Christmas ball!
Wouldn't it be perfect for a fairy garden?
The trellis is a wooden button and some bamboo skewers.
The watering can used to be hot pink!


I used my acrylic paints to paint all the unfinished wood pieces and to re-paint the ones that didn't fit on my 'green and cream' theme! I distressed them a bit and used lots of sealer to protect them from the weather.


I hope Mr. & Mrs. Bird are happy with their new home!
They seem pretty content!

I hope the real Mr. & Mrs. Robin don't 'shop' my wreath like they did last spring!

Happy Spring!

post signature

Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is ADORABLE!! It's so professional looking. I would certainly buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wreath looks very lovely Heather. You did a great job!!!
    I am sorry to read about the 'wicker mess'. That is too bad. Make sure that your primer and new paint will adhere to the wicker before beginning such a job!!
    Maybe a soft paint brush might be inorder!
    Talk to you soon,
    KLB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath is just gorgeous!! (ANd so are your new tassels). I hope you all have a better week health and strength-wise. I might be taking Andrew to the dr today as his fever has been on and off for 8 days. I think the kids have the respitory flu. Poor David looks awful with watery eyes, runny nose, bad cough and fever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, it's adorable! I love the garden theme!

    Thank so much for sharing it with me.

    Kimba

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! That looks great and it's just adorable to look at. I love all the little details.

    All the best,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet! The gazing ball is GENIUS! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came by from A Soft Place to Land to see your wreath. It is so BEAUTIFUL!! I love all the little touches and I think the birdies are certainly happy there! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! So creative! I really like your blog and I am now officially a follower! Thank you for sharing this!

    Lou Cinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! I love it, the birds try to nest in my wreaths every spring so I always have to take them down during nesting time but I may have to make one of these for another spot in my house, my girls would love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is adorable! I found you through Kimba's blog.

    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried to find your email. Could you please email me? It's about the blog template and credit.

    Thank you.

    Darcy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!