Monday, March 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.

For Today
Monday, March 2, 2009

Outside My Window...
Cold but sunny and bright! I'm looking forward to the warmer days
predicted for the end of this week! I am so ready for spring!

I am thinking...
How wonderful a hot cup of tea feels on my sore raspy throat!

From the learning rooms...
The Historian has already finished History and Science with the children. They started a new weather study today and it looks like we will all be learning a lot.

I am thankful for...
I am so thankful that Mum and Dad are back home safe and sound!
They are buried in snow, so we are praying for warm days to melt away
the piles of snow for them!

I am praying for ...
Health for our whole family - we seem to be plagued with this never ending cough and cold!

From the kitchen...
This week I need to concentrate on using up what we have in the freezer and re-organizing to make room there for the 1/4 beef that we have ordered. That means we'll be eating a bit more pork than usual - so I'll need to get creative!

I am wearing...
Warm denim jeans, cranberry turtle neck and cozy black hooded sweater. My socks are black with cranberry flowers scattered all over them! When I cleaned out my unmentionables drawer last week for my Company Girls 'small thing', I found them again!

I am creating...
Last week I was creating silk flower arrangements just to keep the creative juices flowing while I wait for my sewing machine to be fixed! This week I hope to make some tassels and tidy up my crafting areas. I also have a very special card in mind to make!

I am going...
Crazy! Want to come? Seriously, I think my germs and I ought to just stay home and rest!

I am reading...
I've all but given up on my Bible Study book - I was really enjoying it, but have missed so many weeks. I hope that I can do it on my own by borrowing the c.d.'s when the group is finished.
My Historian spotted a Grace Livingston Hill title at the antique mall over the weekend, so I'll be enjoying that! I am also reading our new Manners curriculum and deciding where to begin. We could all use some manners brush up - I especially struggle with interruption!

I am hoping...
For spring! I've been thinking about planting lettuces soon - we loved picking our salads fresh last spring and fall, and I want to figure out how to enjoy fresh greens in the heat of summer too!

I am hearing...
Just the click of the keys and the quiet tick tock of the grandfather clock. The Historian and children are at the chiropractor getting adjusted - all this coughing has them all out of line!

Around the house...
There are always many things to do, but today's priority is cleaning off the counter!
Between naps, that is!

One of my favorite things...
Going on a Sunday afternoon drive with my family and listening to great stories as we ride along!
Our current listen: The Bloodstone Chronicles by Bill Myers

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Continuing to pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church.

My plans for this week are just to rest up and get better - beyond that, well - I'm sure life will continue along while we take a little time to get back on track!

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:


Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Brush up on manners is a great idea. I struggle with interruption too. Hope you feel better soon. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather. So sorry that you and yours are suffering w/this crud, too. It's just miserable - I'm sick n tired or being sick n tired - as they say. :-/

    About church, we decided to stay at Troy Grace Bapt. The preacher has just been there 6-8 months, is a fantastic preacher/teacher of the Word and has an incredible vision for the church. The praise and worship are SO good! We were surprised to have found a contemporary BAPTIST church. I didn't become a Christian until I was 23, so I enjoy a more contemporary worship; my DH grew up in dead litle church and didn't actually become a Christian until he was almost 18 after he started going to a more contemporary church w/some friends.

    If you want to e-mail me you can at wolfhomeschool@woh.rr.com.

    Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope those germs all leave with the cold weather...I hoping for spring soon, too! Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture thought. Hope everyone feels better this week. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking for a manners curriculum for a long time. I am curious if what you are using is something you came up with on your own, or a published curriculum? Hope you don't mind my asking!
    By the way, I enjoyed reading your daybook ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!