Monday, March 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.

For Today
Monday, March 16, 2009

Outside My Window...
45 degrees, cloudy with the wonderful scent of rain on the way!
Everything is beginning to 'green up' and the buds on the trees are swelling!
Spring is coming!

I am thinking...
That our Sunday was a precious family time!
I'm so thankful for quiet times together.

From the learning rooms...
Jumping in with both feet - Storyteller has finished History and is getting on with AWANA verse practice and handwriting. The Dreamer has finished handwriting and is working on AWANA verses and her Kay Arthur Bible study. We're off to a good start after a difficult week last week.

I am thankful for...
Precious family times, friends and sweet Sunday sunshine!

I am praying for ...
Patience, greater faith, a measure of health and strength and wisdom ... always wisdom!

From the kitchen...
It was such a great time saver to have my menu ideas in place for the week
- why don't I do this every week?
Monday: Luscious Leftovers
Tuesday: Grilled Chicken Tenders, steamed veggie packets and biscuits
Wednesday: Enchiladas and a salad
Thursday: Fresh Tilapia or salmon - grilled with steamed veggies
Friday: Homemade pizza - veggies and fruit
Saturday: Burgers on the grill
Sunday: Rolled Chicken Washington, Creamy potatoes

I am wearing...
Blue denim skirt, white t-shirt and cozy rust colored hooded sweater.

I am creating...
I made a new arrangement for the front door and also one for the front entry way. I have some ideas for a wreath for our side door, but I haven't put it all together yet!

A bunch of lists are floating around in my head and need to be put on paper:
'Outdoor Projects', 'Indoor Projects' ,'Painting', 'Cleaning', 'Sewing','Garden Dreams' and 'To look for'!
Lists are really my friends - otherwise I would forget everything!

I am going...
To run an errand while the Historian is home - and out later to take Dreamer to ballet. I plan to have the grocery list and coupons all organized so that we can do our weekly shop while the Dreamer is at ballet.

I am reading...
Some precious Psalms last week ... comfort, encouragement and truth.

I am hoping...
To get completely over this respiratory crude soon! I am not coughing as much, and I mostly have my voice back, but I know there is still something lingering!

I am hearing...
The dishwasher, dryer, washing machine and the Storyteller as he recites his verses for Dreamer.

Around the house...
Bathrooms, floors, counters, dusting and ironing.
Can you tell I was sick last week and that the weekend was just fun and games?
The Historian did vacuum out the van and we started the yard raking! Our shag bark hickory and sweet gum trees both left a huge pile of stuff to rake up - it's no wonder the squirrels are fat and sassy - they didn't lack for food this winter!

One of my favorite things...
Giggling children, an outdoor fire and toasted marshmallows!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Continuing to pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church.
I hope we are all well enough to re-enter our routine,
but I think am still going to need some extra rest this week!


Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:

I've decided to put a waddle fence around the lettuces this year
- it's been a while since I made one, but I think I remember how!
Our beds are raised and we have filled them with compost and other good things for growing, but I need to at least try to discourage the rabbits this year!
Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. We have one down with a fever now -- I wonder if it is/will be connected with respitory stuff. Oh well. Hope you improve as the week progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planning a weekly menu sounds like a good idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu for the week looks great. I never heard of Chicken Washington before ...

    I love the Psalms, too. I spent last year just re-reading them over and over during my devotional time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you share what chicken Washington is? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat fence idea! How do you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great questions! Thanks for asking!
    We are hoping for a nice day tomorrow, so perhaps if we get our schoolwork completed I can go out and start the waddle fence and take some pictures for you all! It's super easy!
    Mum's Rolled Chicken Washington is an easy favorite too, so I'll be sure to take some pictures and post the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your menu sounds delicious! I enjoyed reading your daybook. I hope you have a great week.

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!