Monday, March 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, March 23, 2009


Outside My Window...
36 degrees and clear skies! The grass is so green, and the leaves on the trees are just beginning to unfurl. Lots of cars going by on their way to work this morning - it seems like a busy Monday morning.

I am thinking...
It's good to be starting a new week after a restful but productive weekend.
It's great to be feeling better! I had a really bad time with my liver on Thursday, so I'm quite pleased to feel as well as I do!

From the learning rooms...
Dreamer has her final draft Ohio history report due this week.
Storyteller is beginning a new area of study in math ... multiplication!

I am thankful for...
Rest, strength to tidy the house, and a challenging Biblical message on Sunday morning!

I am praying for ...
A healthy week for our family and lots of warm sunshine so that I can get at our outdoor projects.

From the kitchen...
Our freezers are stocked with wonderful drug free beef and lean pork - both direct from the farmers, so those will figure prominently in our menu plans for the next while! We need to make room in the freezer for ice cream and sherbet ... there isn't any room at all!

Monday: Luscious Leftovers - sliced Rolled Chicken Washington
Tuesday: Grilled Ham Steak
Wednesday: Meatloaf
Thursday: Grilled fish
Friday: Homemade Pizza
Saturday: Pulled pork sandwiches
Sunday: Roast Beef & all the fixings!

I am wearing...
Long denim skirt, soft stretchy green top - still long sleeves!

I am creating...
I made a new wreath for the sunroom door over the weekend, and some new tassels too!

I am going...
To run an errand while the Historian is home - and use that 50% JoAnn's coupon that's burning a hole in my pocket! I plan later to take our Dreamer to ballet. I hope to have the grocery list and my coupons organized so that the Storyteller and I can do our weekly 'shop' while the Dreamer is at ballet.

I am reading...
Lasagna Gardening: A New Layering System for Bountiful Gardens:
No Digging, No Tilling, No Weeding, No Kidding!

We came across some passages in the book of Joel (Old Testament) in our family devotions that I'm not familiar with, but they are of great comfort. I am planning to re-read them this week.

I am hoping...
I'm always hoping for a well week, but I'm really hoping for a chance to be a blessing to others this week - and that will require an extra measure of health and strength!

I am hearing...
Dreamer is having breakfast and is almost ready to head out for piano.
Everything is pretty quiet this morning. I need to get the washer going soon, and start the day properly!

Around the house...
Inside - one room to clean thoroughly, a dresser to tidy and a small pile of ironing.
One schmelly kitty to bathe!
Mr. Peppermint is quite in need of a bath ... first warm day!
If you hear a loud and mournful sound, it's just our vocal kitty - don't worry. He starts his cry as soon as we take him into the laundry room and finishes as soon we complete the last rinse!

Outside - planting, raking, trimming and painting those wicker pieces as soon as it is warm enough! I am still trying to find some willow to make a waddle fence, and I need to set up our wee green house and get some things stated.

One of my favorite things...
A hot bubble bath by candlelight ... with a side of Toblerone!
Thanks hon!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Continuing to pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church.
  1. School, piano, ballet, AWANA, playdate with friends!
  2. Garden and home chores.
  3. Get out and get walking more regularly!
  4. Sewing the porch wicker cushions ... if the paint sticks!
  5. Sending a special card for a very special birthday girl!

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:



We have begun the official 'foot bath' season! I keep dishpans handy in the laundry room and as soon as the children come in from playing they have a little foot bath before they go running through the house! The water is blue because they love my Gehwol foot Soak!
Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!


post signature

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your daybook. I never heard of anyone bathing a cat before.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by Mama Bear! Mr. Peppermint is an outdoor cat who is supposed to be white, but each spring he gets so dirty and smelly he needs a nice warm bath - he spends time in our sunroom and really tends to make it pretty smelly if we don't help him with his hygiene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your wreath! So pretty. I wish I had that much creativity. I enjoyed your daybook & hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather! I just love your blog and the obvious heart behind it - just precious!

    I had to giggle at the cat bathing and can't imagine trying to bath our kitty. I have tried this before with other cats we have had and it can be a very tricky procedure! ;O)

    I look forward to getting to know you!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the foot bath idea for kids when they come in from playing outside. Actually, I love foot baths for myself. It's so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!