Monday, March 9, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.

For Today
Monday, March 9, 2009

Outside My Window...
37 degrees, cloudy with some sun ... about 30 degrees cooler than yesterday!

I am thinking...
What a blessing my 4 'well' days were last week ... and now that I have a fresh dose of germs,
I wish I had done a better job at 'making the most' of those days ...

From the learning rooms...
Dreamer is back to piano lessons after two weeks of illness. I'm not sure how much work we will get done today, but we'll do our best. I'd just rather be in bed!

I am thankful for...
Faith that doesn't waver with the ups and downs, but slowly grows.
My sewing machine back in it's place and working well!

I am praying for ...
Health, wisdom and strength for today.

From the kitchen...
I no more feel like cooking than flying to the moon, but as we all need to eat on a regular basis, I suppose a menu is in order:
Monday: Luscious Leftovers
Tuesday: Oven baked pork chops & apple sauce
Wednesday: Chicken Parmesan with salad and garlic twists
Thursday: Fresh tilapia or salmon - grilled with steamed veggies
Friday: Homemade pizza - veggies and fruit
Saturday: Grilled chicken salad
Sunday: roast beef & all the trimmings - popovers if I remember!

I am wearing...
Warm blue denim skirt, white t-shirt and cozy bright spring green hooded french terry jacket.

I am creating...
A little pile of completed sewing tasks - over the weekend I started in on my mending pile and got about half way through it!
I have a very special bookbag backpack to finish for one ever so patient little boy!

I am also creating a thrifting/sewing list - things we will need for spring weather:
lighter p.j.'s for both children
shorts for Storyteller
capri's for Dreamer
two summer dresses for Dreamer and a few new skirts
For myself - a few new tops / blouses and at least one new skirt

I am going...
Back to bed as soon as the Historian gets home and can take over for a bit!
He will be going to work after lunch, but hopefully, until than I can get some more rest.

I am reading...
A wonderful new spelling and phonics curriculum developed by a friend from co-op!

I am hoping...
That this present manifestation of the infliction known as the chest cold doesn't last long!!

I am hearing...
The washing machine and the Storyteller as he turns the pages of his book.
The click clack of the computer keys, and the distant sound of cars.
We had some vicious winds last night, so I am thankful they have ceased
- it sounded like a plane was landing on the house!

Around the house...
Things are in fairly good shape - the floors are good, bathrooms are tidy ... really the only big thing is the counters (which I started last week, but never completed) and some dusting.
I tackled the ironing pile over the weekend and just have a few things to finish there.

One of my favorite things...
Sunshine and birdsong in springtime.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Continuing to pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church.
My plans for this week are just to rest up and get better - again!


Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:

This is a favorite from my husband's collection of family postcards!

Thank you for reading my daybook!
Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. OK so yesterday I chipped away at the icy driveway, and rear - of - the - house walkway and got rid of the ice. Then I washed the car and truck. It was just a little above freezing and the sun was warming and melting the ice.
    Woke up this am to a snow storm, and the world (ours at least) is white, fresh and bright again.

    Great week plans Heather. I'm pleased you sewing machine is humming just like new again.

    Get well soon.

    Oh yes. . . your mum has a fresh dose of cold this am. Hm.m.m.m delayed reaction?

    Love Ya all
    Heffalump

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!