Monday, February 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.

For Today
Monday, February 23, 2009

Outside My Window...
Blue skies but cold! there is a smidgen of snow lingering!

I am thinking...
I am very thankful for the sunshine and for a quiet week coming up!

From the learning rooms...
We are hard at work - Awana verses and Bible time are first today!

I am thankful for...
A restful weekend and time to get a few things accomplished!

I am praying for ...
My Dad who is traveling today to our home to attend a convention and take Mum home.

From the kitchen...
Grammy's famous apple pie is in the works, and we are planning the week's menu
based on the sale fliers.

I am wearing...
Warm denim skirt, creamy turtle neck and cozy rusty colored hooded sweater.

I am creating...
I am longing to have me sewing machine back - it is in for repairs!

I am going...
No where today! All week long we are free
from extra appointments and commitments!
Yeah!

I am reading...
My Bible study book, Bygones by Katherine Vogal Sawyer,
Victoria Magazine, and Better Homes and Gardens.

I am hoping...
The this week will be one of good health for all of us, and that there will be
time to finish up a few projects!

I am hearing...
The Historian is doing spelling with our Dreamer and The Storyteller is doing Awana sections for Grammy - we are blessed to have an AWANA leader in the family! I think both children will finish their books - if we don't have any more snow days!

Around the house...
Laundry, vacuuming and a quick swish for the bathrooms.
I made good headway in my closet and Mum helped us muck out the Dreamer's room.
There are always many things to do!

One of my favorite things...
Finding things we thought were forever lost!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Continuing to pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church.
  1. School work - Piano, Ballet, Awana, and Bible Study
  2. Doing some research into learning challenges - trying to find some curriculum that will better suit the Storyteller's special needs.
  3. Getting the burst water pipe repaired so we can have water in the Grammy Flat again.
Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:

There is something just wonderful about a tidy kitchen sink!

Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I loved your photo because I, too, am inspired by a tidy kitchen sink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. re: thanks for stopping by!

    and GOOD LORD! your sink is beautiful!!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a clean kitchen sink, too! Something about it just makes me want to keep everything else in the kitchen clean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The apple pie sounds so good! And the sink looks beautiful! What a lovely place to work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!