Thursday, November 15, 2007

Vanquished!

All visible signs of dust bunnies have been vanquished - all thanks to Mrs. Helen, cleaning lady and friend in the making! I have some food preparation and a few crafting supplies to gather, but I am almost ready for company. This is what we are doing! I hope we have a fun time!


Ladies of the Family Matters Class

I would like to invite you to our home
for an evening of fellowship Friday, November 16, 2007 at 7 pm. We will be making Christmas cards or gift tags using paper and enjoy a snack together. There is no cost involved, and I am not selling anything, it is just for the purpose of getting to know you better.

If you would like to bring your own paper
crafting supplies that is fine, otherwise you may use what I have in our ‘Grammy Flat‘ - a guest area I use for crafting. I am happy to share scrap booking and card making papers, rubber stamps, inks, cards and envelopes in various sizes, scrap booking markers, idea books and samples, embossing gun and powders, hole
punches, craft scissors and cutters, and some dies cuts and embellishments.
I will try to plan it so that each lady can
make at least 6 special cards, if they wish. I am no expert, but am happy to share what knowledge I have, so don’t worry if you aren’t the ‘crafty type’. Anyone can rubber stamp, cut and snip and make a piece of paper into something special!

I will provide a simple snack and beverages, so there is no need to
bring anything, but yourself and a willingness to have
fun.

I hope you’ll come and enjoy an evening out, a relaxed
time together, and a sense of accomplishment as you create one of a kind cards and tags to enrich your Christmas celebration.
I thought I'd include part of my invitation here and perhaps inspire you to open your home in a similar way for some ladies who might like to get together and do something fun! I like getting invitations to book parties, kitchen and candle parties and those sorts of things, but sometimes it is just too much! There are times when I am uncomfortable and feel obligated, and for that reason, I have never hosted one, on purpose that is! I did 'by accident' once, but I was just helping a friend and didn't 'clue in' until it was too late!
So, no games or gimmicks, but something to do with our hands so that we'll talk more freely, and of course a little something to eat! I hope it is a success! I perhaps didn't do as much 'promoting' as I could have if I'd planned a bit further in advance, but I'm praying that those who come will be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I agree, Heather. I've never hosted anything that calls for people to feel obligated to buy from me. But my husband tells me I can invite people over anytime "just for the fun of it!" I love your idea! Thanks for sharing the invitation and details. You will have to post about the success and deepened friendships that happened because of your willingness to open your home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ladies' night sounds so nice!!! I hope you all have fun. That is a great way to bless people.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!