Thursday, November 29, 2007

In the Right Direction

First, can I say how much your support has touched my heart? I am overwhelmed! Thank you all so much!









I have not been able to use our computer much this week since our Dreamer is getting caught up on her Switched on Schoolhouse Math and Science. We were having technical difficulties with our e-mail program, so now that the glitch is fixed, she is full speed ahead and loving it! It is giving me more time to work with the Storyteller on his reading so we are making slow but steady progress there too. By night time, when the children are in bed, I am too tired to type, so I've just let things slide.




I promise that this won't become a medical update blog, but I do want to say that God is good, and share a bit about how He is working in this circumstance. I am trying very hard not to live 'under the circumstances' and to continually take my fears to God and seek His peace. Despite being in prayer continually, I am not sleeping as well as I really need to. Sometimes you don't think you are worried, but your mind spends the night mulling over the possibilities without your permission! I'm beginning to feel a bit like two people - the 'trust in the Lord with all your heart' gal during the day and the 'leaning on her own understanding' gal when the sun goes down!




Last night at Bible Study I felt compelled to share my upcoming tests with the ladies, though I had not planned to. I'm a pretty private person, in person! The ladies were all so supportive and caring - it was a blessing! Our big city Women's Medical center was highly recommended to me, by THREE ladies! LOL! I hadn't even thought of going to a larger center for my tests, and I was a bit overwhelmed. Three ladies - hard to ignore! I guess God knew that in my 'fog' I would certainly need some DIRECT intervention if I was to make a change in my plans for further testing.




I wasn't sure what to think, but a quick prayer and a call to Mum for wisdom, and we decided to pursue getting my appointment changed. I wasn't sure if it would be possible, because while I really like my doctor, her staff leave a lot to be desired, and of course, the whole insurance thing is often a hassle.




After 6 phone calls this morning, I have an appointment in two weeks! I feel very positive about this, since they have such a great reputation and their equipment is top of the line. Also, they have a radiologist on site who goes over your results with you immediately and so that will eliminate at least a week of waiting. All three ladies were very certain that it is the best care in the area, so I am hoping that means they will make this whole process a little easier.












On to a more pleasant topic - Christmas! On Monday morning my Historian got up into the attic and brought down the Christmas bins! The poor man! I am excited about decorating the house for Christmas and beginning our Advent Adventure! The funny thing is that I was so excited about the 90% off stuff I bought last January - until I looked at it and thought 'WHAT was I THINKING????'. It is a good thing that I know how poor my memory is becoming, because I actually had written myself a note and said 'see page 167 of Southern Living Christmas' - so now I know what I was thinking! At least I think I do!





Do you remember that I started a painting project in the Grammy flat a week before we had company? Part of that project was a very old, very ugly desk that I am painting white for the Dreamer's room. She had a major project this week moving her room around to accommodate the desk, but she now has a space and her books are neat and tidy! I need to put one more coat of paint on the desk and it will be ready for her!









We re-purposed her old bookcase in the family room and now there are actually empty shelves - and they are MINE!!!!! Do you see what a mess my books are in? It's another case of the Librarian's Family never getting their books in order ....










Today, the wonderful Mrs. Helen came and made our house sparkle and shine - so now I have clean surfaces to make pretty for Christmas. I was reading an article about decorating for the 'holidays' and wondered at their logic. The author suggested that decorating the front door first - fabulously - would 'fool' the neighbours into thinking the rest of the house was completely decorated and just as fabulous! When did Christmas become a decorating competition? Keeping it 'Christ-Centered' is what Christmas is all about in our home. I decorate for the sheer joy of placing meaningful decorations throughout our home that point us to the Saviour!


I guess that's all for now! I'll try to check in a bit more often! Blessings!
Heather

7 comments:

  1. Your house looks like mined used to look, before I gave my daughter a lot of my books (and puts some back for my son's future family). :)

    I have had a mammogram "fail" twice and both time it ended up being nothing. Since I had a sister pass away from breast cancer, it was frightening to wait for the second tests each time.

    I do have to continually remind myself God is in control, especially since the affects of diabetes grows worse each year.

    He doesn't make mistakes.

    You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is such a wonderful time, but can make us so much more emotional than usual. I am hoping my hubby and big sons will get my Christmas boxes down tonight :) I am glad for your extra shelves... something I know how to appreciate! I also know about being to tired to post at night! You will be in my prayers... God is with you.. the night time is the hardest time to lean on Him, why is that?
    Hilda Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I'm not facing health problems right now, but I DO so understand about the worry part. You can go for years saying you trust the Lord and then the rubber its the road and you learn what it REALLY means to lean on HIM. My son is in a very very horrible part of Iraq right now, his life daily is in danger. I am fine during the day too, but at night I plead and beg and pray and plead some more for the Holy Spirit to grant me the peace to turn my child totally over to the Lord. I'll pray we both come out on the other side praising God for the lessons learned in trust. I pray we might always thank God for our growth which places us gently in the Lord's cleft.(((hugs)))
    Lea
    www.theendoftheroad.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather,

    I can't wait to see pictures of the refinished desk! I love turning furniture treasures into brand-new, beautiful creations...even if it's usually only in my mind, LOL! :o) Praying for your upcoming appointment.

    Have a lovely rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about trust and worry---night time is always the hardest and it is the most difficult time for control of thoughts. The thing that has helped me most is thinking when I lie down on my bed that I am lying (hmm---never could get these verbs correct but you know what I mean)down in the arms of Jesus. When I start to worry I picture myself lifing my arms up to Him and giving it all to Him. I have also found that listening prayer--or quietness in his Presence is a help--I focus on one thing, such as heaven's throne with the lamb of God---I concentrate on listening and putting myself in His presence---even doing this for a few minutes brings much peace---but like I said, when thoughts begin whirring I lift my hands to give it to him (at least in my mind if not physically). Blessings---and it was neat how 3 ladies said the same thing on the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, yes, one more thing. The Lord has been really speaking to my husband and me about I Peter 1 :13 Therefore gird your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ." and 1Peter 1:3 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." I like the fact that we don't just have a hope, but a LIVING HOPE. I also like to think about the fact that my hope is to be completely on the grace of God--not on health, family, children--but on my living hope and his grace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could there be a more supportive and encouraging group of blogging friends? Thank you so much for your encouragement and for taking the time to type it out here fo me to read and re-read, as needed! You'll never know how your thoughts ressonate in my heart and uplift my spirits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!