Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Psalm 73


Tonight in our Bible Study, we had a fellowship and thanksgiving sharing time that was a real blessing. Miss E, a sweet young lady in our study, shared how precious Psalm 73 is to her heart and it reminded me of the encouragement my own heart received from this passage one recent Sunday morning. I looked it up at BibleGateway and searched 'The Message'. These words touched my heart again tonight and I was blessed!

Psalm 73


verses 25-28


You're all I want in heaven!


You're all I want on earth!


When my skin sags and my bones get brittle,


God is rock-firm and faithful.


Look! Those who left you are falling apart!


Deserters, they'll never be heard from again.


But I'm in the very presence of God—


oh, how refreshing it is!


I've made Lord God my home.


God, I'm telling the world what you do!

3 comments:

  1. I love this Psalm too. In our denomination we actually sing psalms in church -- we have all 150 in metre. Anyway, this is one that I like to read and sing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,
    I was going to reply to your comment on my blog, but I can't figure out how to email you back. :) Can you leave your email address on my blog (I won't publish the comment). Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to sing the Psalms! I put my babies to sleep to Psalm 23 - they still ask for it. I would love my kids to learn them that way too! I wonder if there is a Sing the Psalms for kids? I am all excited about a new book and cd from Joni Erickson Tada for kids that is Hymn Stories and 12 great old Hymns of the faith! I want to find it for the kids for Christmas. It's a 'volume 1' so that means there are more in the making too! I'll leave my e-mail on your blog as requested! I'll look forward to hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!