Saturday, September 23, 2006

Just call me Murphy!

My sister has often said that if it were not for bad luck I'd have no luck at all! I know she is just teasing, but there are weeks when I wonder if she might just be right- and this was one of them!
I actually don't believe in luck - I believe in a personal, powerful God who has plans and purposes for my life that are good! I believe in the sin nature of man, and in the problems our sin is affecting in all of creation. This week, I believe that lots of silly, frustrating things have happened to me and my family - but that God is still in control. In the grand scheme of things, my problems are very small, and compared to the real life changing struggles many are facing, I feel almost like the children of Isreal complaning about the manna in the desert. Still, does this type of thing happen to everyone, I wonder?
This week, my doctors office left my bloodwork out and it spoiled and could not be tested, so I had to go back to be re-drawn. They overcharged my debit card and I had to authorize a credit, which may take days to go through, so I'm out of balance for the week! I ordered some Mary Kay products to help a young lady who is just getting started in the business, and my $18 box was empty! How odd is that? My relatively new iron which is a great rowenta professional iron suddenly started sparking and shorted out burning a hole in my ironing board cover - while my wonderful friend who comes weekly to do my ironing was using it! After 10 days on antibiotics for his infection, this morning my husband suddenly developed an all over rash! I could name 6 other frustrating and odd things that happened, but really, I am begining to feel a bit dicouraged!
My mom has decided that maybe she should have called my Murphy - you know the Law "If anything can go wrong, it will ". I'm glad she didn't since I'm afraid it's a terribly sad view of life, and I would have been a very defeated sort of woman.
I think my best bet is to just keep on counting my blessings, knowing that God has good plans for my life, He loves me and will guide me through these little trials. Count it all joy!

James 1:2-3
Count it all joy, my brethren, when ye fall into manifold temptations;
Knowing that the proving of your faith worketh patience.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like a very interesting week! You have a very good outlook on things though and I'm sure next week will be better! :0)
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I long for people who are genuine. Like David in Psalms, life dishes some tough issues at us. They are real, and in my case, there generally are more than one trial that parks on my porch. I am thankful for others who share how God is faithful in their personal struggles. It builds my faith that much more. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!