Thursday, September 28, 2006

Another Garden View

This is a photo of the hanging basket beside the back patio door. Earlier in the season there were deep varigated pink wave petunias as well as the purple, but I guess I didn't count on the sweet potatoe vine taking up so much room. If I had taken a closer picture you might see pale pink bacopa too! I always garden in pinks, purples, blues and whites, I think because that is what my Nanny often chose, and I sometimes got to help plant up her hanging basket and front porch baskets. Perhaps someday I will go bold and plant reds, yellows and oranges, but at this point, they just don't make my heart sing like the softer shades! I think I'll do this combo again, perhaps without the sweet potato vine since it really got carried away! Maybe that would work better in a larger area. Of course all of this 'planning' assumes that I'll actually be able to find my garden journal and read it before the frenzy of planting in May! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. You have such a lovely gift for design. I always tell my daughter if you have the desire to learn, then you will succeed! In the area of gardening I freeze. I'm so afraid of messing it all up I guess. Do you have any pointers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi HH

    Thank you for your compliment! I have never felt I was a great gardener - I just put together what makes my heart sing, and God does the rest! I never attribute my gardening success to a happy accident or luck, because I know the Creator! I like to put an assortment in hanginf baskets - all the colors I love plus a bright green vine or two to liven things up! I have planted in that basket for 8 years and every year it is different! Often my mistake it too many small bloom flowers and then there isn't enough 'showy' larger blooms - you have to be really close to appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!