Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Happy Faces


These are the happy faces of our blessings! Just before The Storyteller's 6th birthday in July, The Dreamer recieved a new pair of roller blades. She decided to clean up her old blades and give them to her little brother. This is a picture of the two of them using broomsticks to steady themselves as they tackle rollerblading. Notice the extra safety equipment - their choice! They both know first hand how hard the ashphalt is!

Today I felt so blessed to be a Mommy. I watched as our Dreamer tackled her schoolwork with zest, decided that she really does like her phonics book now that she knows it has helped her get so far ahead with her reading! The Storyteller actually stayed at his lessons for two twenty minute sessions and thus earned 20 pennies in his jar. He is such a bright and active boy, and I know he will learn to read, but for now, learning to sit is the big challenge! I was able to sit this afternoon and read books to my children and the big hugs I recieved afterwards were a 'blessing bonus'! The Storyteller made a remark at supper that still has me giggling 'Not to hurt your feelings or anything Mommy, but enchilada's sure aren't my favorite meal - they fill a fellows hollow leg up though, so I guess they're not so bad!'

After years of infertility and the painful struggles of an interupted adoption placement, we often wondered about God's plans for our family. Now we have two wonderful blessings and I strive each day to not take them for granted, and to enjoy the moments we share togather! There are days when I would like to just be alone and work on my own projects and get something finished for once. I long to have energy at the end of the day to sew or cook or read without falling asleep, but more and more I am realizing that these days pass all to quickly - we truly are like a 'vapour'. We are called to home school, and it is just for a season - the seasons pass, and one day we will have the time to be selfish. Right now, the blessings of spending my energy in the service of my family is my greatest joy.

2 comments:

  1. I popped over from my blog to say hello again. You can feel free to right click on any of the photos I use and then use them on your blog.

    I don't even remember where most came from they were so long ago. That was back when you could right click on any photo online and save it to My Pictures in My Documents. Most sites don't allow you to do that, anymore.

    Our two kids are twelve years apart due to infertility problems and problems carrying a pregnancy full term. My daughter just called to say she's expecting her fourth (and her oldest is four)! Obviously she didn't inherit any fertility problems. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I am reading through your blog today, starting at the very first entry. Your recipes are yummy! I wish my sweet family was not so picky, the minestroni soup would be a favorite for sure!
    Reading how you were called to homeschool spoke to my heart. My husband and I feel the same way. We are in our 10th year, but sadly, only one student at home. Our daughter is attending the very small public high school in town. It is a season of change for me, the Lord has called the shots all along and it is my only responsibility to instantly obey. So with change comes a few challenges too. I am clinging every so tightly to my Saviors legs on this year!
    Sincerely,
    Tricia Anne
    Ps. I showcased your blog today, on mine. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!