Monday, March 1, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - March 1

A big 'thank-you' to Peggy for hosting 'The Simple Woman's Daybook' each week! It's such a great way to start the week with a focus and reflect upon the goodness of God!

Be sure to click on the picture below to visit Peggy and see the other journal keepers!


FOR TODAY
Monday, March 1, 2010
Outside my window...
Grey and dull, but the good news is, spring is on the way!  The snow is melting and there are patches of grass popping up here and there - it is actually green over the septic tank!

I am hearing ...
Our children enjoying a conversation over breakfast.

I am thinking ... 
That it feels good to be doing something 'normal' today since the last week has been such a challenge.
It's also great to have my own lips back!  Yesterday I awakened with huge red swollen lips - so sore and dry! I looked like I'd been stung on the lips - today really I'm glad to have my own back!

I am thankful for...
I am feeling somewhat better and certainly on the mend!

I am praying for ...
A far away friend who is starting a new job challenge this morning, and close by friend who spent last week in the hospital, my Mum who will be seeing a back surgeon this week and needs wisdom and peace to proceed, our friends who are doing their home study for adoption this week, and for strengthening for myself.

I am remembering ...
All of the hours I slept last week and how blessed I felt knowing that while I was 'down' the family kept calm and carried on!

I am wearing ...
Jeans, soft sage green top and a warm sweater in rust.  Not the best combination, but so much better than the p.j.'s I have been wearing!

I am going ...
To need a nap later - just getting showered and dressed is tiring!  Hopefully, I will have the strength to get Dreamer to piano and ballet.  Storyteller and I need to go to the library too.
 
I am reading ...   
I've not been able to keep my eyes open for much reading.
 
I am hoping ...
That this week will be more productive!

On my mind ...
I'm excited to hear our Dreamer playing the piano these days - she sits down and just plays through her pieces with such gusto and enjoyment.  I love that she has gotten to the place where it is an outlet for her and a joy - and though she has a lot to learn, she is making progress! 

From the learning rooms ...
Dreamer kept up with her schoolwork, but Storyteller has some catching up to do!

Noticing that...
Our supplies are low - we need to go shopping for all the things that get used up quickly when colds hit hard - is tissue on sale anywhere this week?  I hope so - we need a case!

Pondering these words...

II Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

From the kitchen... 
I have two families in mind who could use some meals brought in so I am hoping and praying for strength to do that, as well as make some things for our family - something baked perhaps - I think everyone is quite sick of jello!

I am creating ... 
A springtime plan for yard work and changes in the garden, as well as some larger outside projects that need consideration.  I walked around the yard a bit yesterday just for some fresh air and began my mental list!

Around the house ...
Umm ...  We did the bathrooms thoroughly on Saturday and started some vacuuming and mopping, but since the Historian wasn't feeling well either, it didn't get finished.  Our home needs some TLC but isn't as bad as it could be!

One of my favorite things ...
Ice chips on a sore throat!
 
A few plans for the rest of the week..... 
***All plans are 'Lord Willing' and 'Weather Permitting'*** 
Monday - Piano & Ballet
Tuesday - Art class for Dreamer
Wednesday - AWANA
Thursday - HomeSchool Co-op

From my picture journal ...


Have a great week!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this as a nice way to begin a new month.
    By the way, I like your nicknames for your family members.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are beginning to feel better and hope that the week brings increased energy for you! My mom and I were just talking about the veg garden. I need to put some thought into it. I'm not the most avid gardener as I'd much rather be crafting. :) but, I do want the harvest, so I'll have to put some work into it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey like your blog
    cool stuff

    just started blogging a few days ago
    visit my blog maybe u like my work

    http://streetischic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!