Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Off the couch ...


And on to the ottoman!  All my lazing around getting over my nasty cold/virus thingy has left me with a not so nice blood clot in my left leg. It's not deep, and therefore not as painful as it could be, but I'm feeling it.  I'm taking my doctor's advice seriously and enjoying warm compresses, elevation and aspirin therapy as we do the 'wait and see' - hopefully it will resolve itself soon.  In reality, it's a 'pray and wait' - another opportunity to see the faithfulness of God.  The good news is that we can still do our schoolwork and reading - but I foresee a sizable increase in Mount Ironmore ...  that's if I can figure out a way to do laundry with my feet elevated!

4 comments:

  1. I'm still working my way through the mountain of laundry left from when I was so sick. There are only three of us (but I think grown boys should count as two since they have workout clothes).

    Pray you're feeling better soon. That was some horrible cold-virus-thingy going around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, blood clot in the leg sounds scary, and I am glad you and doctor are taking the wait and see attitude, and expecting great healing results.
    Think no more of Mt. Ironmore, just rest and heal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm so sorry! I hope it resolves itself soon. If I was around the corner I would come get Mt. Ironmore. It's one chore I enjoy....usually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...I'm sorry to hear that. If it's not one thing it's another, I suppose. Now, be a good little girl & mind the Dr. '-)

    Blessings, Kim<><

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!