Monday, March 22, 2010

My sweet Mum

*** UPDATE***
Mum is out of surgery and doing well pretty well with a pain pump to manage her discomfort!
And now to heal and mend - and adjust.


My sweet Mum fell and broke her hip yesterday.  She thought she was just bruised and so she didn't get to the hospital right away - not until after supper time.  She was scheduled for surgery this morning, but it is late afternoon and she is still waiting.  She is in so much pain and has not had anything to eat or drink since her breakfast yesterday. Please pray for her, and for my dad.  We are so far away from being able to help her, and though my blood clot is improved, I am still not travel worthy. I feel helpless to do anything but pray, but I truly know it is the best thing I can do. I also know that the family of God in North Bay will undoubtedly bless Mum and Dad with meals and help as needed, so that's a comfort. My poor sweet Mum!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Heather, my prayers for your mom's successful surgery and for good health for you.
    3 John 2 in Scripture applies here,
    Terra

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with her! That is such a frustrating injury.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so sorry! That is quite a major thing and I know you must wish you could be there for her. I'll be thinking of you....Michael's grandmother is recovering from the exact same thing (although she is MUCH, MUCH older than your mum).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I am so sorry Heather....
    I hope everything works out well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your mom.
    My mother-in-law broke her hip and had to move with us after that, she uses a walker now to get around.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!