Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
Peggy is taking a hiatus from the Daybook for the summer until September, but I think I'll just keep on since it is such a blessing to me! It's just a great way to start the week!



For Today
Monday, June 29, 2009


Outside My Window... It is 65 degrees, sunny and clear! What a blessing! I just melt in the heat and humidity, so this is truly a sweet reprieve for me - especially since the AC in part of our home isn't working at all - it just quit and it's only two years old!

I am thinking...
the the message yesterday was both encouraging and challenging - and that I need to listen to it again to help me understand where God is really speaking to me.

From the learning rooms...
Today the children will do their history lessons with our Historian - and we need to get back into our 2 hours a day routine since we slacked off last with with our sick Storyteller. He is much better - thank you for praying for him. Ear infections are always worse in summer when all you really want to do is go swimming!

I am thankful for ...
A quiet cool morning to sit and pray, reflect on the Word of God, and plan the week's schedule a bit more. I have so much to be thankful for - including an upcoming visit from my Mum, sister and her three boys! We are so excited!

I am praying for ...
Contentment and a letting go of perfection.

From the kitchen...
Peaches! We are blessed by some wonderful peaches right now and I am excited to put some up for winter, enjoy some fresh and maybe a nice peach crisp will find it's way to our table!

I am wearing...

My painting and gardening clothes - I look a mess, but I did 'do' my face and hair even though I am in the middle of a messy project! I am sanding some old wooden chairs!

I am creating...
New cushions for my latest bargain - two wooden chairs! They need to be primed and painted, but it is far too windy today! Perhaps tomorrow.

I am going...
To stay right here and enjoy an 'at home' day.

I am reading...
The first chapter of James ...

James 1

1James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. 2My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. 5If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

I am hoping...
The our AC is still under warranty!

I am hearing...
The most delicious breeze, distant cars on the highway, a rustling of leaves, the turning of pages in a summer time book, and the clickity clack of my terrible typing!

Around the house...
Some picking up and a good vacuum are needed - along with an hour or six of ironing! There are clothes flapping on the line outside and I started an outside project as well.

One of my favorite things...
Being able to spread out a simple, healthy, well balanced, colorful meal for our family brings an overwhelming sense of blessing and satisfaction. We are truly grateful to be picking berries, harvesting the last of the lettuce, and to have a freezer full of good things to eat.

Fitness goals ...
I am feeling pretty well and much better without the heat and humidity, but I haven't lost any more weight (at least I didn't gain either!) and I have been very lax with my walking. I am determined to do better this week. I did one mile today and will do another before bed!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  1. More Sewing - birthday surprises are on my to-do list!
  2. Watering and weeding the gardens
  3. Keep walking!
  4. Deep cleaning the Grammy Flat in preparation for some very special company!
Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:


Thank you for reading my daybook!

post signature


1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather, Love reading your daybook post! 65 degree weather would sure feel great!! It's been in the mid 90's, but feels like 100!

    Hope you have a wonderful week, and fun preparing for your special visitor!

    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!