Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
Peggy is taking a hiatus from the Daybook for the summer until September, but I think I'll just keep on since it is such a blessing to me! It's just a great way to start the week!



For Today
Monday, June 22, 2009



Outside My Window...
The sun is beginning to be low in the sky, as our day has all but ended.

I am thinking...
It's been a week of pain because of my dental work, and now our sweet boy is sick, but overall, we have been blessed to have all of our needs met and more.

From the learning rooms...
Today the children did their history lessons with our Historian - they both love learning with him. We slacked off all other school work since the Storyteller is not feeling well at all.

I am thankful for ...
A quiet and relaxing Father's Day yesterday, access to good medical care, and for some new fabric to make special gifts for our Storyteller's upcoming birthday.

I am praying for ...
Good health for our sweet boy - I think he and I will be heading to the after hours clinic to have his painful ear checked out as soon as the Historian gets home with the car.

From the kitchen...
Yesterday I made butter tarts for the Historian and they are almost gone - I think they were pretty popular with the Dreamer!!! Maybe I should have put a few under lock and key! I'll have to make them again soon - or better yet, teach Dreamer Grammy's special recipe!

I am wearing...

Tank, blouse and capris - soon to be jammies, I hope!

I am creating...
Gift for the Storyteller's birthday, as well as decorations and party favors. Our theme is 'baseball' - and I'm having fun coming up with ideas.

I am going...
to head to bed as soon as our boy is settled for the night! In the meantime, I'll keep busy with some ironing I guess ... or a book!

I am reading...
Knits for Bears to Wear

I am hoping...
That our boy heals quickly and that he can sleep without pain tonight.

I am hearing...
The tick tock of the grandfather clock, Adventures in Odyssey quietly on someones c.d. player, and my typing which seems kind of loud in all this quietness.

Around the house...
Do you remember that I was hoping for a good week of cleaning up and getting things put to rights last week? Well, some of it happened, like the tackling of Mount Ironmore - but the closet by closet cleaning didn't get checked off the list, and neither did the grout deep cleaning. It's back on the list for this week!

One of my favorite things...
Watching for the first stars to pop out here in our quiet darkness, and lightening bugs flitting about the yard!

Fitness goals ...
I was to the doctor this morning and her scale agree with mine - 10 pounds! I have also lowered my blood pressure by 10 top and bottom and my pulse was better. I had blood work which will tell the rest of the story - results next week. Walking was hard this week with so much mouth/jaw/ear pain, but I did it. Most days only a mile but two days I did 2 miles. I hope it will get easier soon.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  1. Sewing - birthday surprises are on my to-do list!
  2. Watering and weeding the gardens
  3. Waiting prayerfully on test results
  4. Keep walking!
  5. Deep cleaning those disaster areas
Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:



June Garden Collage

Thank you for reading my daybook!

post signature


1 comment:

  1. I hope everyone is feeling some better and your week is going well. My sister and I made jam yesterday, which was a lot of fun. Thinking of you and your post about the benefits of jam making (pore cleansing, etc.) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!