Monday, June 15, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
Peggy is taking a hiatus from the Daybook for the summer until September, but I think I'll just keep on since it is such a blessing to me! It's just a great way to start the week!


For Today Monday, June 15, 2009



Outside My Window...
The sun is burning through a light fog and the Deer Family are out enjoying a nice morning treat of 'soybean greens salad'! At least, the mama is eating, the twins are doing more frolicking than eating this morning! I'm just glad they decided against a breakfast of 'Heather's Hosta Salad'! We love to watch the deer in the field across the street, but when they visit our yard, they can do a lot of damage!

I am thinking...
I am not looking forward to going to the dentist this morning, but it must be done. Another broken tooth, another crown required.


From the learning rooms...
So far the 'bare bones' summer school schedule is working out well, two hours of the basics four days each week. Our 'fun only' day is Wednesday, and we are hoping to get some thrifting in as well as some berry picking! It's jam making time!

I am thankful for ...
A wonderful day of rest and recuperation from a severe sore throat yesterday. I am so much better today!

I am praying for ...
Wisdom to teach our children the important things in life - the things of God.
Patience and constancy are needed.

From the kitchen...
We are still just making salads from the garden and throwing some meat on the grill. We need some grocery store veggies to round things out a bit, but summer menus are very basic around here! I made my husband's old favorite - peanut butter cornflake cookies - I haven't tasted them in years, but the recipe was in the Gooseberry Patch 'Mom' cookbook that my Mum gave me for my birthday. He was appreciative, but no one else likes them! I don't think they'll help with my weight loss goals, so I'm staying out of them! I need to make some more popular cookies this week!

I am wearing...

My nightgown still - I'll shower after I finish this!

I am creating...
A painted sign for over the children's sunflower garden - I saw a cute one and thought I'd save the $45 and whack together some boards from the shed to give it a try! So far, so good! I'll post a picture when it is up - but it needs some drying time. It's very humid here.

I am going...
To the dentist, to the grocery store for veggies, and to take our Historian to work so that we can have the car for Vacation Bible School tonight!

I am reading...
Projects for the Birder's Garden

I am hoping...
So many things to be hopeful about, and prayerful about! I don't know where to begin my list this morning!

I am hearing...
The chimes of the grandfather clock, the quiet hum of traffic. the birds enjoying the morning and quiet! Time to wake up the children!

Around the house...
Mount Ironmore is calling out for attention, but so is the rest of the house! The 'pile' on the counter is threatening collapse - we all might be buried alive if I don't sort and file it soon! It's way more fun to be outside puttering in the garden! Since our only rainy day was Sunday and I don't clean on Sunday, our home needs some TLC! Eventually.

One of my favorite things...
Sleeping children with smiles of peace on their innocent faces. Blowing them kisses and praying blessings over them each night.

Fitness goals ...
I'm needing to get back on track with my walking - I skipped three days last week with the migraine and yesterday as well since I was 'all in' with a very sore throat. This morning the one mile was a challenge, but my incentive is that I have lost 10 pound since the first of May! I'm really pleased! I am so thankful to have found Leslie Sansone's 'Walk the Walk' videos - something I can totally do that is making a difference in my attitude, energy level and that dreaded number on the scale on Monday morning!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  1. VBS - 5 evenings of fun for the children
  2. Attacking Mount Ironmore
  3. Planning a special picnic for Father's Day
  4. Sewing
  5. Watering and weeding the gardens
Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:



From a vintage Ladies' Home Journal - doesn't it look like these ladies are sharing a secret?

Thank you for reading my daybook!
I hope it hasn't been depressing this week, but this is just life in our home at the moment and really sharing truthfully from my heart is one of the great joys of blogging!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!

post signature


2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! So nice to read your update. Berrying sounds fun! We have no strawberries nearby so had to buy from the store, but froze 40 pounds last week.

    I'm so happy for you about your fitness! Sounds like it is going so well.

    We are off to church camp for a week -- must go pack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,

    I’ve added a Mr. Linky at Grandmother Wren’s to make it easier for the Summer Daybook ladies to find and visit one another while Peggy is on vacation.

    Please stop by on Mondays to add your link – I’d love to see your Daybook there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!