Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Prayer

Our problems seem so very small in light of the difficulties faced daily by so many others. Two special prayer requests on my heart tonight.



Do you remember this little Sweetheart? Elysha is 7 months and 1 week old. She has been a fighter from the very beginning, but it appears now that her battle is almost over. Please pray for her family. You can see pictures and read updates here. They are clinging to the Word of God,

"My flesh and my heart fail, but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever."
Psalm 73

Also, we recently got an update on our friend Steve who was injured in a dirt bike accident on May 19th. Steve's brain has a diffuse axonal injury, but he is beginning to 'wake up'. There is good news.

Donna Lou writes:

Steve now needs constant care from a loved one because he is so active. He would climb out of that bed and attempt to crawl down the hall if we let him. His eyes are open most of the time. Sunday was a day full of wonder as we watched Steve sit up in a chair and take the lid off of a bottle and drop objects into it. He can use his feet to bring a stool over and cross his feet up on it. He is like a little child who has discovered a new ability and practices it over and over. He is non-stop action until he crashes for a two hour nap once a day and twice during the night!
As I mentioned, he now needs constant care since the nurses would have to drug and tie him as they can not give him their undivided attention and can’t risk him getting out of bed. The nurses are amazed at our support system that our family is so blessed with. Obviously, I can not be with him all the time so others have been filling in when I am not there, even all night long. That is such a blessing to me.

Father God, You are sovereign. Your wisdom is perfect. Your plans are good. May our faith be increased as we see the unfolding of Your will. Strengthen these dear ones. Bring peace, as only You can. Our hearts cry out to You. Our trust safely rests in You. Your will is our desire. Amen.



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for these updates -- I had wondered about both of these situations -- so heartbreaking, and yet I do pray for God's continued mercy and grace for them

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!