Monday, June 16, 2008

Please excuse me!


I'll be stepping out for a bit. You see, when my heart attitude is poor, it shows around the house. I have tackled Mount Iron-more - and won! What a relief! The rest of the house is another story. I have a lot of catching up to do. Piles of papers. Piles of junk. Piles of books. Now 'camp laundry' - phew! Fabric that is calling out to me to do something with it. Sorting and tidying up to do everywhere - and company to prepare for.

I've been praying for strength. I think my chest cold is finally completely gone. I woke up without coughing up my lungs yesterday for the first time in almost three weeks. I am thankful for that, and for the Lord working on my heart. It is easy to get discouraged, but much harder to see the joy again. I think this might just be an ongoing battle as part of my liver problems. Something I need to accept, watch out for and guard against. I hope to be back in a few days.

In the meantime, I've been praying and thinking a lot about spiritual discernment. How do you teach children to be discerning? Can it be 'taught' or is it simply 'caught'? What are you doing to impart discernment to the young people in your life? I'm finding this to be a difficult character quality to work with the children on, and it is greatly needed. I am praying for wisdom particularly in this area this week. It's been a comfort to me to find again and again that God's Word is not lacking in answers to my many questions.

James 1:4-6

New King James Version

But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.


Our Storyteller came home from camp this evening humming this old favorite. I asked him to sing it all for me. What a joy to hear these truths sung from the trusting heart of our little boy!


More Precious Than Silver
Words and Music by Lynn Deshazo
© 1982 Integrity's Hosanna! Music

          Lord, You are more precious than silver.
          Lord, You are more costly than gold.
          Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds,
          And nothing I desire compares to You.

          Lord, You are more precious than silver.
          Lord, You are more costly than gold.
          Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds,
          And nothing I desire compares to You.

          And nothing I desire compares to You.


I'll be back soon! Thank you all for your kind comments and words of encouragement! I so appreciate you all!

Blessings!


post signature

7 comments:

  1. Hope you get some very good R&R.

    I have to take a break once in awhile so I understand completely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do pray God increases your strength, and if not physically, at least emotionally and spiritually.

    As for teaching kids discernment, I think one of the best things you are doing is praying about it. I was really challenged earlier this year to pray more for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love that song! You are right...truer words... OH, how I look forward to the day that I might hear my little Amelia singing these very words!

    Thank you for coming by to visit me and commenting! Now, my dear, Rotel is simply the brand name for some diced tomatoes and chiles. You can (and I certainly have) used the regular old Kroger brand of diced tomatoes and chiles. No difference, really. (If you Google it, just search for "Ro*tel" and there it is!)

    We decided while I was pregnant to homeschool. Our daughter, Amelia Kate, is just over 1 now. But I love to read from homeschooling mothers about what they are doing. I love that you are thinking about teaching your's "discernment." Wow! I'm so glad you commented on my blog...I've loved what I have read here. Oh, and your tip on the fruit flies...I'll definitely have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is the God of strength and you'll 'fell like yourself' soon! I just know it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be thinking and praying for you, Heather!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your comments are all so kind! I am checking things off my list and will be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed reading through your last few posts and catching up on what's happening in your family' life. I just finished my mountain of ironing too. I was thinking about how sad this must seem to other people, but I am satisfied when I see the iron basket empty...
    The camp sounds like fun, my husband is planning to take my son camping this summer somewhere. It's all part of growing up.
    It's good for you to spend time with your daughter and for both of you to have a treat.
    God bless,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!