Monday, June 23, 2008

Piece of cake!


They say it is usually the simplest solution that works best, right?

Well, I'm guessing this is the simplest solution of all!

If "Mr. Not Me" and "Miss I. Don't Know" have recently visited your home, as they have ours, you might just find this tip handy.

WHEN for some reason your computer's mouse ceases to function, effectively disabling your computer, and if, despite repeated attempts to rectify the situation by various means, and yet you remain stumped, having already:
  1. Properly questioned all of the USUAL suspects : "Mr. Not Me" and "Miss I. Don't Know"
  2. Rebooted the computer multiple times.
  3. Ensured the mouse connection was secure.
  4. Re-installed the mouse software.
  5. Pulled out a few hairs, gray or otherwise.
  6. Hoped that you didn't have to tell your hubby about another 'dead' household item $$$$
  7. Prayed for guidance.
THEN - and only then, you might just try this:
  1. Turn the mouse over and remove the lovely orange post it note from the optical eye thingy.
I promise you, it will make a world of difference.

See? Piece of cake!

DISCLAIMER: Now, you realize that you have just taken computer advice from someone who spent her entire high school computer class time in the Home Ec. room helping her substitute teacher (fresh from teacher's college) learn to sew enough to teach the 9th grade class to make a pillow case.

Experience is the best teacher, right?

post signature

4 comments:

  1. lol! at least the repair was cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that you had to help the sub teacher learn to sew! :) :) Seems there was something else I was going to say the next time I commented, but it slipped my mind. :) Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,

    I found your blog through another's. Nice to meet you! :)

    Your story is cute! My mouse tends to not work when the batteries are dead. It took me a while to figure that out!

    Have a lovely day!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kind of like when I couldn't get my computer to power-on! I thought it was toast. My former boss showed me that it wasn't plugged in to the wall! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!