Well, I'm guessing this is the simplest solution of all!
If "Mr. Not Me" and "Miss I. Don't Know" have recently visited your home, as they have ours, you might just find this tip handy.
WHEN for some reason your computer's mouse ceases to function, effectively disabling your computer, and if, despite repeated attempts to rectify the situation by various means, and yet you remain stumped, having already:
- Properly questioned all of the USUAL suspects : "Mr. Not Me" and "Miss I. Don't Know"
- Rebooted the computer multiple times.
- Ensured the mouse connection was secure.
- Re-installed the mouse software.
- Pulled out a few hairs, gray or otherwise.
- Hoped that you didn't have to tell your hubby about another 'dead' household item $$$$
- Prayed for guidance.
- Turn the mouse over and remove the lovely orange post it note from the optical eye thingy.
See? Piece of cake!
DISCLAIMER: Now, you realize that you have just taken computer advice from someone who spent her entire high school computer class time in the Home Ec. room helping her substitute teacher (fresh from teacher's college) learn to sew enough to teach the 9th grade class to make a pillow case.
Experience is the best teacher, right?