Monday, November 24, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook as I am able.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, November 24, 2008

Outside My Window...
The rain is falling more slowly now as the temperature drops by degrees.
I'm thinking it will turn to snow before noon.

I am thinking...
This is going to be a short week. My dad is coming to get Mum and celebrate
American Thanksgiving with us. November has gone all too quickly.

From the learning rooms...
Dreamer has already completed a few of her workbook subjects and is ready to do History with the Historian. The Storyteller is finished reading and History and has talked his daddy into another funny chapter of his new favorite book.

I am thankful for...
Such a beautiful sunny day yesterday and a warm cozy house today.

I am praying for ...
Traveling mercies for all who are on the roads this week, but especially my Dad and Mum
- it's a long road home to North Bay.

From the kitchen...
Mum cleaned out the fridges on Friday and we cleaned up the Luscious Leftovers - buffet style - on Saturday. This morning I put a big beefy stew int eh crock pot to simmer all day! It smells really good already. Tomorrow we will have ham - it was on sale last week!
Thursday we'll be enjoying turkey and all the trimmings of course
- we are celebrating our 34th Thanksgiving as a couple!


I am wearing...
Long denim skirt and warm tights. An oatmeal sweater set that is soft and cozy.
I still need to dry my hair!

I am creating...
A shopping list using the specials and my coupons as a guide. The pantry is well stocked, but I need some special things to make this Thanksgiving dinner extra yummy.
I need to make a menu plan for the week, and plan some special things for the children to celebrate Thanksgiving.
I have lots of wonderful felted sweaters and a bunch more handles
ready to make some more purses for sale locally.
We have an appointment with a local business woman who is really excite about the purses!

I am going...
It's a stay close to home kind of day - my favorite kind!

I am reading...
A wonderful new Gooseberry Patch fall cookbook that I picked up for 70%off at
Cracker Barrel over the weekend!

I am hoping...
to get a few dozen more things checked off my to do list before
Mum goes home!

I am hearing...
The Historian is vacuuming and the children are working on their lessons.
The washer is on it's last legs from all of our felting - Dad will put in a new motor when he is here.
It's incredibly loud, but thankfully it is still doing it's job!

Around the house...
General picking up and some dusting. The bathrooms need some attention.

One of my favorite things...
A hot cup of tea and a new cookbook to peruse!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  1. Continue to pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church.
  2. Schoolwork, of course! It's a short week and we have no AWANA or co-op.
  3. Piano and ballet are still on for today!
  4. Sewing purses, p.j.'s and warmer skirts.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Dreamer made a wonderful batch of Butternut Bread last week!


Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Hello.

    Wow Dollie-dot . . you are cooking up a storm, What a precious pic and you can be sure that it is in my family album for use as my background.

    I'm looking forward to being there for Thanksgiving, Lord Willing.

    See you soon . . . Poppa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at her beautiful blond hair, and I just love to see the tea pot on the cooker....

    Glad your purses seem to be doing well, thats an achevement and pretty exciting I think. Hope you do find the Church God wants you to be a part of.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    Ruth:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I see my son didn't sign out after he used the lap top yesterdat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Butternut bread??!! That sounds interesting - and yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!