Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm still here

I just haven't had much computer time lately! Sorry about the unexpected logging break! My Mum has been here for three weeks now, and she has had a really bad cold for 10 days. Poor Mum! Too many germy smooches from our Storyteller, I guess. I think she is on the mend now, but this has been a really bad cold. I feel so badly for her, since I know the only place that I really want to be when I am sick is home sweet home.

We've been busy with homeschool, new gutters, purse making logistics, co-op, bargain hunting a bit (found a new thrift store!) and the daily household stuff! Today, I slipped out and got my hair cut and colored! It's been so long! May, to be exact. I've been a big chicken about my neck since the whiplash since those hair dressing sinks are always a pain in the neck! It was great today though, so I am pleased! Nice to get all the grey covered and a nice healthy trim! My Mum had to take a picture, of course.

I don't know when I'll get back to regular blogging. I have a lot of things floating around in my head to share with you all, but I haven't had time to put them all together and write them down. I seem to need a lot of sleep lately and that's hard to work into my schedule! Last night I got almost 12 hours and that was just delicious. I awakened a bit stiff from such a long rest, but I felt so refreshed. It was a blessing.

I am about to be picked up by my dear Historian for a big date! I can't believe it! Grammy is well enough to serve up hot dogs with a side of 'Fiddler on the Roof' for family fun night and we are heading out to a quiet dinner alone. What fun! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.


post signature

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. This change of seasons has added to the muscle aches I experience!

    Stephanie called me last weekend to tell me she was going out alone on a date with her hubby.

    They had looked at everything they had to do between then and New Years and realized that was the ONLY night to get away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely picture of you -- your hair looks beautiful. I figured with your mom around you were too busy to post. I'm sorry she's not been well.

    Glad you got a good rest and are going out on a date! So nice to have a Grandma around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the photo, and I mean that. Enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear from you again - glad all is well and your mom is on the mend. Enjoy your date night..what fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that your momma has been sick during her visit. Hopefully, she is feeling better this morning. How nice that y'all got to go out on a date night! Without family close to us, we never get to go out solo anymore. (And that is fine, usually, but every now and then it would certainly be fun!) And you're hair looks great! It's so shiny! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!