Monday, December 28, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

A big 'thank-you' to Peggy for hosting 'The Simple Woman's Daybook' each week! It's such a great way to start the week with a focus and reflect upon the goodness of God!
Be sure to click on the picture below to visit Peggy and see the other journal keepers!


FOR TODAY - The last Daybook for 2009!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Outside my window... white! Last week's snow melted and we didn't have a 'White Christmas', instead we enjoyed a wet Christmas, but yesterday we got another nice covering of snow! It is very cold this morning, but we are determined to bundle up and go out to play as soon as chores and school are done!

I am hearing ... *scales* Dreamer is practicing the piano right behind me. The washer spinning out the clothes, and History Class for the Storyteller in the family room.

I am thinking ... about how much I cherish the week between Christmas and the New Year! I hope we use it wisely!

I am thankful for... a warm home, cozy on this cold cold day!

I am praying for ... insight and direction. The Historian has asked that I ponder two difficult questions, and I am struggling to know how to answer.

I am remembering ... the happy giggles of our children as they opened their Christmas stockings long long before the sun got out of bed!

I am wearing ... jeans, a red turtle neck and warm navy blue sweat shirt! Cozy - and skirts don't fit well under snow pants!

I am going ... nowhere but out to play in the snow later!

I am reading ... recipes, blogs, and my devotional

I am hoping ... for some more time to sew this afternoon

On my mind ... friends near and far

From the learning rooms ... easing back in with a half day of History, reading, science and math - and lots of snow play!

Noticing that... we seem to be on the mend - finally! Storyteller is breathing well (he was sounding like Darth Vader at night), and the Historian is coughing less and has more energy. I have been fighting sinus issues for 5 days now- finally the headache and pressure are easing up!

Pondering these words...

"But I've got this unshakable belief that a home can be wonderful, even if you don't have it all together. I believe that God takes the little bit that you have, and He can make much of it.

I believe that Sanctuary is possible.

And I believe that Sanctuary happens one small thing at a time. "

- Rachel Anne Ridge at Home Sanctuary

From the kitchen... we're enjoying leftovers and Christmas cookies aplenty!

Around the house ... floors and bathrooms need attention!

One of my favorite things ... gardening catalogs!!! They'll be in my mailbox any day now! than I'll need my garden notebook, a hot cup of tea, and perhaps a winter storm, all the perfect elements for springtime dreaming!

From my picture journal ...

Mackinaw and Periwinkle received 'made with love by Mama' knitted clothes for Christmas - knit with much more love than skill using the instructions from Knits for Bears to Wear by Amy O'Neill Houck

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!