Monday, December 7, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

A big 'thank-you' to Peggy for hosting 'The Simple Woman's Daybook' each week! It's such a great way to start the week with a focus and reflect upon the goodness of God!
Be sure to click on the picture below to visit Peggy and see the other journal keepers!


FOR TODAY

Monday, December 7, 2009

Outside my window... my, oh my! We awakened to a skiver of snow! I know a certain little boy and girl who will be delighted!

I am hearing ... The occasional car going by and the click clack of my typing - 'hunt and peck' if you must know! In the background I can hear the washing machine, the chatter of our boy on the phone with his patient Grammy - he had to tell her about our snowfall!

I am thinking ... that the Storyteller has a special talent for sharing germs! The Historian has been 'fighting something' all weekend and has awakened with a sore throat.

I am thankful for... warm outdoor clothing for our children so that they can really play outside and not get cold! I'm also so very thankful for hot showers to wake me up each morning!

I am praying for ... a friend who is grieving, a new friend who is on on bedrest and anxiously waiting for the arrival of their first 'homegrown' boy after adopting many years ago, my Mum who is in such pain, a friend who is having a terrible time since her recent brain surgery, and for our own concerns - my health. The ups and downs of liver disease are often quite discouraging, so my daily prayer is for strength, wisdom and healing. As God wills.

I am remembering ... that winter boots for Storyteller have been on my list to buy, but I have not taken care of it! I need to make it a priority today! I'm glad that God blessed us with a skiver and not a huge dump of snow!

I am wearing ... long denim skirt - the 'vintage denim' look, a moss green mock neck, and a moss green rag wool zip front cardigan - oh, and thick black tights to keep my legs warm!

I am going ... to take Dreamer to piano and ballet later. The Storyteller and I will run an errand or two before picking up Dreamer and heading home.

I am reading ... my daily reading, 'The Scent of Lilacs' which I pulled off my shelf for some 'light reading', patterns, recipes and a few blogs.

I am hoping ... to have more energy this week as last week was really low key. I have lots to do as always, but some special projects on the go too, so I'll need some extra strength!

On my mind ... Christmas! Emmanuel - God with us!

From the learning rooms ... Dreamer needs to get her final draft of her Alexander Hamilton Report completed, and the Storyteller needs some extra work in multiplication and division facts! We'll try to make it fun!

Noticing that... a fine layer of dust needs to be removed before I can finish putting up the Christmas decorations.

Pondering these words...
"See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is" (Ephesians 5:15-17)

From the kitchen...
This week we will begin our Christmas baking! Our butter order came - it was processed November 22nd, so that's some really fresh butter! I can't wait to get started!

Around the house ... dusting, decorating and disaster management! No doubt we'll have some unexpected company that will catch us in our mess!

One of my favorite things ... the encouragement of God's word preached boldly.

From my picture journal ...

This is last year's 'Birthday Cake for Jesus' - I wonder what the children will request this year?

post signature

4 comments:

  1. I am new to reading your blog. I love your playlist and am going to keep it up while I clean bathrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your daybook and your music! I think I'll go add some Christmas music to my blog, too.

    We got our "skiver of snow" here in Mississippi over the weekend, but it is gone now and will probably be all we see this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your 'Birthday Cake for Jesus' photo! You have a wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!