Monday, December 21, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

A big 'thank-you' to Peggy for hosting 'The Simple Woman's Daybook' each week! It's such a great way to start the week with a focus and reflect upon the goodness of God!
Be sure to click on the picture below to visit Peggy and see the other journal keepers!


FOR TODAY

Monday, December 21, 2009

Outside my window... our weekend 'winter wonderland' snow is melting, but more is expected! We can still see the grass, but we'll take all the white stuff coming our way this year - it's much cleaner than mud, and that's our winter alternative!

I am hearing ... *cough* hack* sniffle* sigh* Storyteller was up multiple times in the night and has awakened with 'the worst cold this winter' - praying he doesn't share again! I am feeling better - but I had to have a lot of extra naps all week and over the weekend I did some big time sleeping! The questionable joys liver disease! When I mentioned sleeping 12 hours to an older lady at church, she joked that if she ever slept that long, they'd be taking her out in a hearse!

I am thinking ... about all that needs to be done before Christmas, but really how much more important it is to sit and cuddle with my boy, and make jello, soup and toast - much more important than cleaning or baking!

I am thankful for... so many many things! Saturday was Dreamer's Christmas piano recital - she has come a long long way this year! Storyteller sang his little part in the church Children's Christmas program on Saturday night and Sunday night and it was wonderful. New friends invited us out for dessert after the concert and that was a joy.

I am praying for ... contentment and joy

I am remembering ... the joys of Christmas past

I am wearing ... jeans, a moss green mock neck and a waffle weave vest - for cleaning, cooking and cuddling - all on my 'list' for today

I am going ... nowhere that I know of!

I am reading ... my lists and some cookbooks!

I am hoping ... for some more time to sew this afternoon

On my mind ... Christmas! Emmanuel - God with us!

From the learning rooms ... a week off! Yeah!

Noticing that... even though our boy isn't feeling well, he is cheerful and loving!

Pondering these words...
the Christmas songs touch my heart in ways no other music moves me. I am pondering 'O Holy Night' sung by the trio at church last night - deeply moving.

From the kitchen...
Scottish Whipped Shortbread in the oven!

Around the house ... cleaning, wrapping, resting, anticipating!

One of my favorite things ... the laughter of our children

From my picture journal ...


Dreamer went out early Saturday morning to take pictures of the snow - this is a bit of our backyard and the neighbors too!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your daybook. I've enjoyed my visit. Scottish whipped shortbread sounds yummy! I'm hungry right now...hehe!

    May you and your family have a Christmas filled with many blessings!
    ~Tamara
    BranchOfWisdom.com

    P.S. You are invited to drop by my blog on 12/27 and enter my New Year's Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the picture Dreamer.
    Taking lots of pictures these days is like so easy, and you can dump those you really don't want to keep. So keep up the grat work.
    Heffalump

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing. The snow is beautiful, but if you don't mind you can keep it for a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful photo! I enjoyed your daybook. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!