Monday, August 31, 2009

The Simple Woman's Summer Daybook - August 31

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
Peggy is taking a hiatus from the Daybook for the summer until September, but I think I'll just keep on when I can since it is such a blessing to me! It's just a great way to start the week!


For Today Monday, August 31, 2009

Outside My Window...
Cool but bright and sunny - the perfect first day of home school!

I am thinking.
..
this is going to be a challenging school year.

From the learning rooms...
The Historian is doing history with our Storyteller first this morning and Dreamer is tidying our home school supplies. Later we will do some reading and home chores. We have a home school order to place and some scheduling to do. Piano lessons are later this afternoon, followed by a few errands I hope!

I am thankful for ...
A fresh start for our school year!

I am praying for ...
creativity and patience as I begin teaching again

From the kitchen...
The cookie jar is empty so we'll have to fix that before tea time!
Monday Supper - Breakfast for Supper (make extra waffles for the freezer)
Tuesday Supper - Macaroni and Cheese (by special request)
Wednesday Supper - Oven Roast & Veggies
Thursday Supper - Grilled Chicken & Salad
Friday Supper - Homemade Pizza
Saturday Supper - Steak on the grill, Corn on the Cob, garden potatoes
Sunday Lunch - Pulled Pork sandwiches

I am wearing...

Brown capri's, a long sleeve white t-shirt, Bare feet, pony tail and a smile!

I am creating...
Schedules and to do lists, school year goals and fall home project plans!
The cooler weather has me feeling more energetic!

I am going...
Out to the clothesline to hang the wash! Out to the garden to plant fall veggies! Out for piano lessons and to the library later - hmm ... that's a lot of going out for one day!

I am reading...
Miss Read - The School at Fairacres

I am hoping...

That we can settle in to our fall schedule easily and that we will be organized and productive.

I am hearing...
Quiet talking from the Historian and Storyteller as they go over his history lesson.

Around the house...
General tidying and a good vacuuming are needed, as well as laundry and some ironing!

One of my favorite things...
Cool, crisp sunny mornings - a hint of fall in the air!

Fitness goals ...
Vacationing is hard on the fitness goals, but at least I didn't gain any weight despite all the good things that Mum served us! Now that we are home and getting back into routine, I am hoping to be able to concentrate on my walking and healthy eating again!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  • sewing for fall
  • daily school work
  • long term plan for the school year - place another curriculum order
  • menu planning for the month of September
  • planting fall crops

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:

This is the view I am missing - Trout Lake

Thank you for reading my daybook!

post signature


1 comment:

  1. Dear Mommy
    I love the photo.
    Dreamer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!