Monday, August 3, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - August 3

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
Peggy is taking a hiatus from the Daybook for the summer until September, but I think I'll just keep on when I can since it is such a blessing to me! It's just a great way to start the week!


For Today Monday, August 3, 2009

Outside My Window...
Warm and sunny - the perfect day to spend at the pool with friends!

I am thinking.
..
that we need to make the most of these last few weeks of summer!

From the learning rooms...
The Historian is doing history with both children this morning, and later we will do some reading and home chores. We are still in summer mode, though I know many homeschool families are beginning again today.

I am thankful for ...
the unchangeable truth of the Word of God!

I am praying for ...
clarity ... I am finding that I'm getting quite mixed up these days!

From the kitchen...
Blueberry sour cream coffee cake and some chocolate crinkle cookies!

I am wearing...

Swimsuit and cover up - we are on our way to the pool!

I am creating...
finishing some sewing projects for my Mum - a chair cushion and a quilted runner.

I am going...
to use lots and lots of sunscreen!

I am reading...
We were hunting through a favorite antique place when my Historian discovered a whole shelf of Grace Livingston Hill books - hardcover library bound oldies for $2.50 each! I gave away my paperback collection about 15 years ago, so it was a joy to find some of my old favorites.

I am hoping...
that we get a lot accomplished this week as we prepare to go away for two weeks! The children and I are heading north to visit Poppa and Grammy - I haven't been there for 2 years!

I am hearing...
quiet talking from the Historian and Dreamer as they go over her history lesson.

Around the house...
general tidying and a good vacuuming are needed, as well as washing sheets and towels and some ironing!

One of my favorite things...
thinking ahead toward something fun - like vacation and a new school year!

Fitness goals ...
The good news is I was more faithful with my walking this week, but the bad news is I seem to be stuck - no weight loss to report! At least I didn't gain, and my legs are feeling stronger! I think I need to do a longer walk or two walks a day to break through this 'plateau'.


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  • sewing for Mum
  • packing up and leaving a tidy house
  • leave some easy meals for the Historian
  • plan for the school year - place a small curriculum order

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:


Last week our friends came over and we tie-dyed using the dye bottle kits. We had never done it before, so it was very fun, very messy and we love the results! We learned a lot from our experience and would like to do it again soon! I will be keeping my eye out for more $1 white shirts from Sally Ann and watch for the dye kits to come on sale at JoAnn's!
Thank you for reading my daybook!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!