Monday, September 8, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I almost missed this today, but since I missed last week, I didn't want to miss again this week!
Better late then never, right?

I am enjoying participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, September 8, 2008
fall is in the air ...

Outside My Window...
it's dark now, night is upon us
it's cool and perfect for sleeping

I am thinking...
it's been a long day!
Is it time for bed yet?

From the learning rooms...
plunging in feet first - our first full week of school is underway.
Math review and reading practice are high on the list of must do's!

I am thankful for...
home sweet home and my own bed after 4 nights in a hotel

I am praying for ...
inspiration - I need to re-configure our home school set up
present set up just is not working for me!

From the kitchen...
a bushel of tomatoes and 1/2 bushel of peaches need my attention

I am wearing...
jammies ... it's time for bed, remember?

I am creating...
tomorrow's to do list

I am going...
to sleep well

I am reading...
just my Bible during quiet time this morning
and school work with the children
I need to read my vacation mail pile soon!

I am hoping...
to wake up early

I am hearing...
all the soothing night sounds and our grandfather clock

Around the house...
1/2 clean 1/2 disaster

One of my favorite things...
listening to the quiet breathing of our two sleeping children, snug in their beds

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  • tackling Mount Ironmore - again
  • catching up on paperwork and mail
  • cleaning the disaster 1/2 of the house
  • some sewing
  • cleaning the fridge
  • canning the tomatoes and freezing the peaches

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



Our happy travelers!


Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. It is so good to be back in one's own bed, I'm not fond of hotel rooms for anything other than room service. =) Though the thought of being someplace special with just hubby and I is really nice.

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!