Thursday, September 4, 2008

Just so you wont worry ...

I thought I'd better let you know why I have been MIA on my blog.



Knitting on the shores of Lake Huron ... watching the children jump in the waves.

Walking the Mackinaw Bridge ... our 11 year tradition.
Snacks about halfway to keep us going!
Water and fishy crackers really hit the spot at mile #3!



Just barely making it to the finish line ... but making it!
Yeah!
Thank you, Lord!


Spending some time in the canopy of the forest .... really!
I don't like heights and I am very afraid of bridges, but God gives victory over our fears!
Adventures like this can't be done in skirts - thank goodness for capris!
Can you see that Poppa and Grammy surprised us by joining us in Mackinaw?
What a blessing to have them come and share in our fun!



Zip line fun ... from the top of the trees to the forest floor .... safely!
Would I do it again? In a heartbeat!



A little living history ... hands on is always the best for a boy like our Storyteller!

I just can't get enough of this view ... it means so much to our family.


Our annual Labor Day pilgrimage to Mackinaw City MI is over
and we are home sweet home.
We have many sweet memories and just a little bit of fudge to enjoy for the days to come.
Life is such a blessing.

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Heather,

    How great that you were able to make the walk across the bridge this year. I remember last year you were feeling poorly and were unable to.

    It looks like you had a great vacation.

    Mine is over too. I started school this week! Rather strange when the majority of the student body weren't even born when I graduated from high school. In fact I think I'm older than 1 of my teachers!

    Anyway, I am so glad you had a good vacation and were feeling well enough to make the walk this year!

    Under His mercy and grace,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everyone had a great time! Congrats on making the walk. Loved the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy - yes it was a blessing to be able to walk this year - last year my foot was fractured and I wasn't able to walk. This year it was a huge effort but we made it. The last mile was the worst - I was shaking! Just weakness, but I was never so glad to get off and drink a nice cold bottle of life water! The fire department has big tubs of ice cold drinks for sale and we always support them with our purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had so much fun! What a beautiful place! I wouldn't want to leave. Two friends have gone up to Mackinaw this summer -- I loved their pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather,
    What a beautiful time you had. That is wonderful that you were able to walk the bridge, it means so much to your family. :o) Your pictures are lovely!
    Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandma StarrSeptember 05, 2008

    Great pics...
    Thanks for sharing
    Grandma Starr

    ReplyDelete
  7. You brave woman!!!

    I didn't realise I had so many posts to catch up on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!