Monday, September 22, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, September 22, 2008
Autumnal Equinox
Happy Fall Y'All!

Outside My Window...
There is a thick fog over the fields and the sun is burning through it very quickly.

I am thinking...
We'll need sweaters this morning, but by afternoon we'll be warm.

From the learning rooms...
Piano lessons for Dreamer, History with the Historain for both children.
Things are going well so far this year - I need to place another curriculum order soon.

I am thankful for...
A brand new week and progress with Mount Ironmore!
It is good to start the week having some hope that you'll find the bottom of the basket!

I am praying for ...
some quiet time this week to take time to listen to the still small voice of God.

From the kitchen...
Apple Butter making today or tomorrow - we have a bushel of apples, so maybe two batches!
The children have requested that we celebrate fall with Pumpkin Cookies, so we'll be making those too today!

I am wearing...
Long khaki skirt, blouse and sweater .... for now!

I am creating...
a few more tassels for my order due on Friday and a large pile of household stuff to give away - we are thinning out the house again and just being ruthless with anything we have not been using recently.

I am going...
Taking Dreamer to piano lessons and later we need to find her some new Sunday shoes - I'm going to look through the ads later - hopefully someone has woman's shoes on a good sale this week.

I am reading...
just my Bible during quiet time this morning
and my Bible Study Book

I am hoping...
to finally get our weekly schedule all worked out this week so that we all know what must be done and when.

I am hearing...
all the soothing early morning sounds and our grandfather clock chiming 7am

Around the house...
bathrooms need attention and the whole house needs to be vacuumed - soon!

One of my favorite things...
looking at my well stocked pantry and knowing that we are well prepared for winter


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  • tackling Mount Ironmore - I shall overcome!
  • I really need a cut and color!
  • appointment for The Storyteller with his speech therapist
  • catching up on paperwork and mail
  • cleaning -bathrooms and vacuum
  • putting out some fall decorations to celebrate the season
  • some sewing - Dreamer has a birthday coming!
  • apple butter making
  • hopefully my new oven will be installed

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


This is our Historian - when we were at Mackinaw, we climbed a tall tower overlooking the Straits of Mackinaw. I took this picture from the top! My favorite view of all is my Historian.

Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great start to a full and exciting week! Blessings! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a pretty blog you have. enjoyed reading your daybook.

    ~blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed you day book! Thanks for sharing -- Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to wear a sweater this morning to go out but we're still resisting putting the heating back on in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I forgot today was the first day of autumn. Happy Autumn.

    Enjoyed your daybook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. grandma StarrSeptember 22, 2008

    Enjoyed your daybook....thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Grandma Starr

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope my Mt Ironmore gets tackled this week - things have been so busy here too. Maybe you can consider sharing the pumpkin cookie recipe?? I'm baking for Bible study and thought something along that line might be good in the coming weeks. Just spent Saturday dealing with apples -- will post soon. :) It was fun and exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog! I am hoping to be a housewife soon too!

    Love,
    Lynn
    www.gardenlynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your daybook as well :) It sounds like you have a lovely family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy reading your plans for the week, Heather! Happy First Day of Fall!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Mackinac! We go every few years, and it is one of my most favorite places ever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for telling me about your tassel tutorial Heather! I feel bad that I've never looked at your other blog, so I didn't know. You do a great job explaining how to make them. I think I might have to try my hand at this now. In fact, I picked up some fringe at the thrift store tonight.
    I'll include your link in my next post.
    Have a delightful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!