Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Day 1 {courage}

I’m so delighted that you are visiting my blog here at the beginning of my very FIRST 31Day Writing Challenge for October. I am so excited to begin exploring the idea of gathering with you as I blog each day this month. Are you excited?





gathering
[gath -er-ing] 
noun
1. an assembly or meeting.
2. an assemblage of people; group or crowd.
3. a collection, assemblage, or compilation of anything.
4. the act of a person or thing that gathers.
5. something that is gathered together.
6. a gather or a series of gathers in cloth.

I love the many meanings of gathering. It a common word and quite simple really - but it’s ripe with possibilities and that’s why I’m so eager to begin!

I’ll admit though that I am also experiencing more than a little trepidation.

I’ve never done anything like this before.

When I think of the amazing writers online, the inspiring blogs I enjoy reading and the 1200+ wonderful bloggers who are also participating in the 31 Day Challenge … well, my mouth gets a little dry! I keep wondering what I might have to say that will be a blessing to you all – and I’ll be honest, it’s frightening.

It won’t come as a surprise to you that the FIRST thing I am going to need to be gathering is some {courage} …




Follow my 31 Days of Gathering Series

Day 5 {rest}
Day 6 {comfort}
Day 7 {autumn}
Day 8 {confidence}
Day 9 {fragments}
Day 10 {joy}
Day 11 (clutter}
Day 12 {memories}
Day 13 {thanks}
Day 14 {encouragement}
Day 14 {inspiration}

2 comments:

  1. Great picture of our girl. Great start for your 31 day series.
    Have fun.
    Dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dad - it's been fun ... but I'm kind of running out of ideas!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!