Monday, February 15, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

A big 'thank-you' to Peggy for hosting 'The Simple Woman's Daybook' each week! It's such a great way to start the week with a focus and reflect upon the goodness of God!
Be sure to click on the picture below to visit Peggy and see the other journal keepers!


FOR TODAY
Monday, February 15, 2010
Outside my window...
Snow on the ground, snow in the air!  We are expecting 4-7 inches of more whiteness today!  Many local schools are closed again, but not our home school!
I am hearing ...
Dreamer is getting at her schoolwork, but Storyteller is in bed with a rumbly tummy and a headache.  The snow is like a big silencing blanket - I can't even hear the cars on the road going by! 

I am thinking ... 
About my Mum and Dad - we had a good visit last week, but now I am missing them terribly.

I am thankful for...
Our home with it's well stocked pantry and freezer.  We are very amply provided for, and it is humbling.
I wish we had more milk and eggs on hand, but other than that we are well supplied.

I am praying for ...
Strength.  Last week was great, but we packed in as much as we could in just a short time with Dad and Mum, plus we had our AWANA Grand Prix on Saturday.  I stayed home and rested yesterday, but am still very tired today.

I am remembering ...
The fun of celebrating my birthday last week with Mum and Dad! 

I am wearing ...
My long denim skirt and warm thick tights, a deep sage green turtle neck and a waffle weave vest in sage.

I am going ...
Nowhere this morning, and if the snow is any indication, I'll be home for the day.  The roads are already snow covered and it is coming down fast. It's likely ballet will be canceled, and we will reschedule piano if necessary.
 
I am reading ... 
I just finished reviewing a couple of books for Dreamer to read for book reports.  I've been enjoying reading to Storyteller too, but I don't have anything new that I'm reading just for myself.
 
I am hoping ...
That we can get in and out of the driveway ... the drive is broken on our snow blower! Dad diagnosed the problem but wasn't able to get it repaired, so we need to get it to the shop and fixed ... if we can get out of the driveway!

On my mind ...
'He who hesitates is lost'
I'm very frustrated to find the 'perfect' set of bookcases we would like to organize our homeschooling supplies is no longer available. I am not usually a big IKEA fan, but this line is solid wood and a nice color and the dimensions were perfect for our small space!  I want two of  THESE and one of THESE !  We've been planning to buy  them since September and finally have the resources to go get them and now they are discontinued!
Plan A was built in - but the estimates were way more than budgeted for. Plan B was looking on Craig's List for something that would work - to no avail. Plan C was the three perfect IKEA pieces.  
Plan D ... yet to be formulated! Oh, for some basic woodworking skills and tools!

From the learning rooms ...
We are waiting for another box of curriculum from Rainbow Resource to get us up and going again.  For now, doing what we have and enjoying some relaxed days for Dreamer - Storyteller has no lack of things to do, but today he isn't feeling very well at all.

Noticing that...
Things are very quiet around here when our Storyteller is not feeling well!

Pondering these words...

1 John 4:10
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

From the kitchen... 
I've got some chicken thawing for soup later, and we have leftovers in the fridge to use up.  I don't know when we'll get out for fresh veggies, milk and eggs, and I have not looked at the food fliers. We still have an abundance of pork in the freezer! 

I am creating ... 
We made the sweetest Valentines last week - Dreamer worked mostly on her own, and Storyteller needed help, but it was fun.  I have a long list of things to sew, but my mending pile is really out of hand, so I need to tackle that first and than get going on some other fun projects!

Around the house ...
We did a general clean after Mum and Dad left Saturday so things are well in hand.  I need to put away some things that Mum brought us and our bedroom is clean but I have a big pile of sorting and boxing up to do.  I need to get at that ASAP, but I've been waiting for the home school area bookcases because I plan to use the small bookcase that is currently our home school bookcase  in our bedroom to organize things there! Did you follow that rabbit trail? 
Mum was so wonderful to fearlessly tackle Mount Ironmore and she tamed that great pile!  I did some ironing Saturday an will try to be better at doing a 1/2 hour each day to keep up!  It is so nice to have everything clean, ironed and ready!

One of my favorite things ...
Having something new to wear, birthdays, family time and chocolate cake!  Thanks Mum!
 
A few plans for the rest of the week..... 
***All plans are 'Lord Willing' and 'Weather Permitting'*** 
Monday - Piano & Ballet
Tuesday - Art class for Dreamer
Wednesday - AWANA
Thursday - HomeSchool Co-op

From my picture journal ...

This little painting hangs above my kitchen sink during the winter months,
reminding me of growing up in Northern Ontario, Canada!

Have a great week!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. We missed most of the snow today (this time it hit central and southern parts of the state) but I saw you all were right in the path of heavy snow.

    By this time of the winter, I am really looking forward to spring.

    I know, whenever I spend a week with Steph and family, I miss them so much. Then we get used to talking over cell phones again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing about your day. I hope you are able to safely get to the repair shop to get your snow blower fixed. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your words to ponder. The picture is beautiful. Thanks for sharing about your day.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely writing...sounds like a beautiful life. (And I adore that pic!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So enjoyed your blog this evening! Sounds like you have things well under control, had a good visit with family last week and a good start to the new week. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed looking over your blog
    I like the title of your blog
    God Bless You, Ron
    http://ronjoewhite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday! i'm so glad your parents could visit and share your day!!!

    Your snow pictures are all just gorgeous. WE've certainly had a lot of it this year! And, I hear we are to get more on Sunday evening/Mon am.

    Rachel and I were just at the store today picking out fabrics to make things for our little girl. We plan to do a quilt, diaper bag, and some burp cloths. Must get busy..... :) Will post a picture of the pretty fabrics soon.

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!